Speak Up Before the Season Begins

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Billie Bonce

Re: Speak Up Before the Season Begins

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 pm

I agree with schlamm. I prefer thick (very thick) mud, hard and long (but not boring) struggle, rescue or self-rescue or uncertain situation in the end. No submergence. The closest to ideal scenario is definitely "The Longest Day" by Robert. Very close are "Swimming", "Thirsty" and "Go For Pot" by MPV. The best mud was in the now unavailable pit used by Download Dreams and very similar and I believe still available pit (in another part of the world) used by Dirty Muse. Speaking about the models... They all are nice, but my heart skips a beat when I watch Kym, and skips several beats when I watch Lena Ramon. However, when I try to estimate the whole team, I would vote for models that were working for Download Dreams. Ah, I almost forgot the costumes. Nudes are great i it is somehow justified. A secluded beach with treacherous sand is a good idea, though, it can't be reused too often. Otherwise, some casual clothes and some wardrobe malfunction in the process of struggle would be excellent.

Just my personal taste
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

quicksandfour

Postby quicksandfour » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:53 am

bart1997 wrote:
quicksandfour wrote:Normally I would agree that I'd like a move away from the simpler 'plop-and-sink' scenes, but there have been a few teasing references to (without getting technical/breaking the magic) making the sinking more 'actual' for the models. This is the whole game, set, and match for me. I'll take an entire season of scenes with no plot at all if they achieve uncontrolled sinking and real uncertainty. Hitting that would be like hitting the reset button on quicksand scenes and I would be more than happy to see everything else take a backseat for a while. If this could be achieved you have access to all new 'first time' scenes (even with veteran actresses), simple scenes about just asking the model to try to escape or cross the pit. The few comments about it this year have generated the most anticipation for me.

Sounds good for me, too. And this is also the typical scenario when i go out exploring new boggy areas on my own. This has led to lots of quite dangerous but also very exciting experiences.
I'm not quite sure if this is really feasible for every producer and model, you will need very experiencend girls and lots of trust between model and producer.

Other wishes for the upcoming season: More natural locations (btw. what did happen to Boggymans terrific canadian bog?) and perhaps some more cooperation between the producers of this board (speaking about the sharing of locations and models).

While natural locations make this easier, the concept of larger (in area) pits fits in with my overall desire for the direction of future scenes. It provides the opportunity to have scenes where an area is to be traversed, the model may sink a bit here and there but the viewer (and even better, the model) doesn't know where the 'deep' spot will be. In many current scenes, it's easy to predict when the sinking will set it, but there have been some great ones that really build suspense and uncertainty (Krystal solo, Gummie in Lake Muck come to mind immediately). A scene where the model sank to say waist deep, touched bottom, pulled herself out and then went on to slog through before ultimately hitting a spot over her head would be particularly interesting in my opinion.

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:58 pm

I prefer thick (very thick) mud, hard and long (but not boring) struggle, rescue or self-rescue or uncertain situation in the end. No submergence

And I have to agree with Billie, submergence / fatal encounters do nothing for me and are never depicted in any of my creations for this reason. To each his own, but the 'rescued in the nick of time after a long, exhausting struggle' scenario reigns supreme in my world 8-)

Sekani

Postby Sekani » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:20 pm

schlamm wrote:I am much more of a dramatic scene fan, it is the struggle ending in becoming stuck which has become increasingly difficult to find which grabs my attention (and funds).
plop-sink-scream just doesn't do it for me, it is about the physical struggle with the mud/ clay / peat - whatever

I pretty much agree with this. The scenes I look for have to give the impression that the victim is stuck and sinking, something that the first generation of MPV videos did very well (The Shortcut, Jewel of Doom), but have been really hard to find since. A lot of Fred's "hands overhead" videos do this too, and the topless nudity definitely doesn't hurt (I <3 Candle). On the negative side, there seem to be too many dramatic movies where the victim falls in, splashes around a bit, and then just arbitrarily decides "OK, it's time to submerge now."

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandy Place

Re: Speak Up Before the Shooting Begins

Postby Sandy Place » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Ace wrote:I absolutely could not agree more with your initial point, which is please make me believe what I'm watching. Going off of what you said, anything that fails to allow me to suspend my disbelief pretty much kills it for me. And unfortunately, personally, that includes every type of quicksand substance that's too watery. First and foremost, this includes the Hollywood Quicksand; there is literally not a single scene involving HWQS that any producer has produced or ever will produce that I would ever bother watching, even for free. I realize this is personal taste here, but I simply do not understand how anyone could ever prefer a classic quicksand struggle/sink scene taking place in essentially water with cork floating on top, versus the exact same scene, only taking place is deep, thick mud. <snip>

I'm squarely in this camp as well. When the victim could obviously, and I mean really, really obviously, swim or just plain walk to safety, it's a bucket of water on a simmering fire.
Likewise, visible standing water is simply Kryptonite to a scene. Major buzzkill.

I keep asking myself, "am I just spoiled by the embarrassment of riches of videos being produced these days?".
Yes.
And no. I have never produced a QS video, and likely never will, but I do know what I like and I'm sorry to say I see less of it of late.

I know there are some that enjoy the 'frolicking' type scenes. I'm not one of them.
This is serious stuff. Deadly serious - you can't touch it without being slowly sucked to your doom.
(this is my fantasy - if you don't like it, go have your own over there...)
So it's frustrating when the victim starts bobbing up and down so much it's clear they could simply exit the trap at any time. ZZzzzz...

Sure, character development is nice, but if the sinking isn't compelling, what does it matter? No, it doesn't hurt, but it's hardly the reason we're watching.
Okay, that's enough of the criticism - QS video producers: please take this as constructive criticism and nothing more.

On the positive side, how about examples of scenes that do work (for me)? In no particular order:
    "Young Lady Deep Mud" - Kristine in a white bikini (underwear, whatever), a camera, and an extremely determined videographer (Duncan). Simple and effective.
    "Security Girl" - Paris in a white t-shirt that's just a little too small and clay pit that isn't. Yummy. Only wish she took longer to sink. Check out the bounce as she enters the pit. Mmmm...
    "Soft Evidence" - Darby, tights, and a peat bog in perfect condition. 'Frenemy', thy name is Kim. Walks the very thin line between wicked and fun to perfection.
    "Butt First" - Paris and yummy clay that takes its time with her. Wouldn't you?
    "The Ice Skater" - Lena (sigh) demonstrates (successfully) a number of positions a truly talented ice skater sinker can assume before the final one. Notice the air gap around her head as she gets deep? That's the perfect thickness, density, etc. Lovely work.
    "Execution Hannah" - Hannah Perez (double sigh) (in almost half of a bikini) gets a pass on the plop-and-sink critique as it's called for in the scene. And because she takes her sweet time going down. If we cold have watched her thighs being swallowed... Now that would have been an eleven on a ten-point scale.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but that should give any aspiring QS filmographer a good idea of what constitutes a good scene for this slightly jaded viewer.

Cheers,
sp

herbsmall

Postby herbsmall » Wed May 07, 2014 12:00 am

I guess I am in the minority, here. I like the erotic scenes the best. When the girls are having fun, I have fun too.

I'm also surprised that so many viewers don't seem to like the girl-on-girl stuff. For me, two of the sexiest moments, even though they were way too brief for my liking, were still Brinke and Stefani's kiss in Never Sink in This Town Again and Rachelle Williams treating Brinke to a muddy foot rub in Scarlet Streak. I don't know if they have or not, but I still say if Samantha Grace and Stefani Jaymes haven't kissed each other yet....Well, they should. (If they have kissed, let me know the scene, so I can buy it.)

Some of my favorite scenes were:

Carjack (love seeing Brinke play the femme fatale)
Brinke's Sink Tease
Brinke's Lucid Dream
Brinke's Daydream Fantasy
Party-on Orchid
Club Mud
Scarlet Streak
Cult of the Moon Goddess
Birthday Surprise (This one hasn't been released yet. I did a sponsorship on it because I liked the stills).
Never Sink in this Town Again
Healing Power of Mud (A lot more erotic than its title would suggest. Loved when Brinke herself talked about how beautiful she is.)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed May 07, 2014 12:50 am

herbsmall wrote:I guess I am in the minority, here...

No, you're not. You're just in the minority that speaks up about it. I know this. I promise.

No surprise that you like some of the same scenes I do. ;)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:14 am

To answer herbsmall's question, I think the answer is they have not kissed but they have engaged in some mutual groping.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “General Discussion”