20 Year Not Alone Anniversary

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Billie Bonce

Re: 20 Year Not Alone Anniversary

Postby Billie Bonce » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:49 am

For me, this year it's gonna be (or already happened) the 10th anniversary. I had a computer at home but I virtually never connected to the Internet from home. I guess I didn't have a modem at all. And while at work my mind was occupied by other things (to say the truth, the QS fetish itself was pretty much "cured" without constant feeding and with many other problems around). Though I was spending a lot of time on various BBS and newsgroups that had no connection to my profession - but that's another story.

Then... Then I bought a laptop. And it had a built-in modem. So the only thing I had to do is to buy a scratch card for prepaid Internet service. The connection was slow, the traffic was expensive. Also, there were constant attacks from the network. And then, one weekend, I stumbled upon a link to a news report about calling a rescue team to help some teenage girls who were supposed to be stuck in mud in a tidal area (in fact they weren't stuck, though they were muddy after accidental sinking). I knew very little about mudflats, I was quite surprised by many things. A passer-by sees someone in mud and calls a rescue team? I thought it was totally impossible in my part of the world. (As I learned from the Internet during the following months I was wrong - it was possible and it had happened several times). A rescue team responds such call? I thought it was totally impossible in my part of the world. (Again, as I learned from the Internet I was wrong - it was possible, though calling firefighters for such thing seemed strange. Back then firefighters were one service and "universal" rescuers were another one, whose phone nobody knew.) But the most important was - It was supposed that some girls CAN GET STUCK IN MUD in principle, and such case didn't seem absolutely extraordinary. That was a discovery! Well, just a first, and not the most important discovery.

The most important discovery was made in several minutes after the first one. With trembling hands I typed "girl stuck in mud" in Google (I would never imagine that I should use the word "quicksand" instead). Aaaannnnd.... One of the first results was "... girls sinking and getting stuck in deep deep mud." Messyfun. The phrase delivered it all to me. People buy videos of girls who are getting stuck in deep deep mud. Welcome to the new world!

By the way, the Messyfun site itself was either not available in principle or not available for my part of the world for quite a long time. I managed to get to it much later. For a long time I was lurking without registration. It took me pretty long time to register an email at Yahoo (I discovered that many fetish sites refused to accept mail.ru email as legal) and to register at some sites, including DeepSinking. Then I continued lurking with registration (but already able to download stuff, like pictures and videos). Then I dared to write my first posts. And the same 2005 year I got broadband connection. You know what for ;)
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Cuthbert

Postby Cuthbert » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:20 pm

The thing to remember everyone is that our fetish (source of power,talisman). Is a part of us. Many will call us weird,bitch about our PREFERANCES.

But it's important to incorporate our obsessions and become better because of them,not in spite of them.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:28 pm

I don't remember the when or the where, but I do remember the how. Using free accounts from AOL but having to dial long distance to get to a provider. Making sure that no one had any plans to use the house phone for the next week or so. Struggling to find $$$ to pay my share of the long distance bill.

I'm pretty sure I was on ASFWAM and ABEFWAM before I found Kaol's page. Surfing at 2400 baud and paying $0.30/minute to connect, I didn't have the resources for loading web pages! I'm pretty sure that the first time I did find Kaol's, my speakers were set pretty loud, and the whole family heard "Help me! I'm in quicksand!"

Oh, those were the days!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to “General Discussion”