Protecting clothes...

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Jumpoff_Joe

Protecting clothes...

Postby Jumpoff_Joe » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:20 am

Does 3M Scotchguard or a similar product help with keeping clothes relatively stain-free? I am acquiring wardrobe items for outdoor shooting later this summer, and am thinking about trying to prepare for their potential re-use as opposed to hasty demise.

A20

Re: Protecting clothes...

Postby A20 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:46 am

Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:43 am

I've seen Fred and Ms. Lodoski work miracles in salvaging wardrobe but I think the real secret is just buy cheap stuff and let it go. I doubt the hours and effort you might put into preserving something would pay off in the long run.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

joedeep130535

Postby joedeep130535 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:05 am

Denim as in jeans,shorts & miniskirts is easy to wash in domestic washing machine & comes out "good as new". Simply rinse out as much mud as possible & put all items in the washer. Works for me!!

YerK

Postby YerK » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:59 pm

I've had two tshirts and at least a couple pairs of underwear get stained by the red river. I may still have the tshirts for doing outdoor chores and such. I wore the underwear as if nothing ever happened. (But nobody ever sees them other than my wife, and she doesn't care)

If you can, it's far more fun to get naked before going to play in the mud, anyway. ;-) Just learn from one mistake of mine: I went at night with no flashlight to a river (the red, near Fulton, AR) stripped out of my jean shorts (which were all I was wearing) and dropped them on the ground, far away from the water, but next to one of the bridge supports, so I could find them later. After I was done with all of my playing in the river that night, I put my shorts back on, and discovered I'd dropped them on an anthill.

"Ants in the pants" is a condition that will rob you of any dignity you ever thought you had. I was alone on a near-pitch-black night just outside nowhere Arkansas, and still embarrassed.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:36 am

If I was in the same situation, I would then swish the shorts in the water until I had all the ants off it with the pockets turned inside out, then put the pockets back in and turn the shorts inside out, and swish it in the water again until I felt that the ants were all gone. Perhaps then put the shorts on a rock and stamp on it all over just to be sure before putting them back on.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Jumpoff_Joe wrote:Does 3M Scotchguard or a similar product help with keeping clothes relatively stain-free? I am acquiring wardrobe items for outdoor shooting later this summer, and am thinking about trying to prepare for their potential re-use as opposed to hasty demise.

Goodwill. Salvation Army. Garage sales. Any thrift store you can find. You may be pleasantly surprised by the lingerie departments.

Then go ahead and try to wash them anyway. You might, once more, be pleasantly surprised. I wore a red sweater for a shoot once in a natural half-peaty half-clay mudpit...and then, actually wore it to work that fall.

Nessie

kwiksand1

Postby kwiksand1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:43 am

I usually wear an old bathing suit with the liner cut out... that is as close to wearing nothing at all and you can easily slip them off while sinking. I also wear an old t-shirt (I try to go for earthy tones so the natural colors blend in better -LOL!

I wash them separately in a hot water wash when I get home to contain the sulfur smell.....

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Just get nekkid!!!!! :D
Seriously though I've never had an issue getting clay type stuff out of denim or cotton t shirt material, the most important thing to do is rise them well first, like outside in a bucket. If you try to wash large amounrs of mud down a sink or shower drain you're going to end up spending some quality time with a plumbers snake (or even worse for your wallet an actual plumber).
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Wed May 20, 2015 1:32 am

Mynock wrote:Just get nekkid!!!!! :D
Seriously though I've never had an issue getting clay type stuff out of denim or cotton t shirt material, the most important thing to do is rise them well first, like outside in a bucket. If you try to wash large amounrs of mud down a sink or shower drain you're going to end up spending some quality time with a plumbers snake (or even worse for your wallet an actual plumber).

Some of us, atleast for me, prefer a certain outfit in the mud. (For me it is always and mainly nylon rainwear, sometimes another thing or two, like a snowsuit underneath.) Without that, I don't have as much feeling of a fetish. If I went naked in the mud, my fetish would not be met, but disappointed on a wasted precious sink I could have done with a more preferable outfit. Also, for me I am probably fortunate for preferring raingear in the mud, it is much easier to clean than cotton, denim, or wool clothing. (Atleast for me) it is also more protective as how I see it. I can easily just wash them off in the nearest water area like a creek, then hang them up to dry. My sinking spot in Oregon (see sinking map) I leave my gear to dry relatively close to the millpond.

Return to “General Discussion”