Need more intelectual quicksand scenes.

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Boron

Need more intelectual quicksand scenes.

Postby Boron » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:14 am

There are many scenes made by Dave, Fred and other producers based solely on sexual fantasies. They are very nice, it's true.
But sometimes it is boring to watch for heroines exhibit dementia and climbing in the quicksand of their own stupidity.
I would like to see the scene where the heroine fall into quicksand as a result of any action of incidents - for example - go over the bridge and a sudden drop because the bridge was old and unstable. Or overcoming obstacles to the professional mountaineering rope in the jungle, but a drop in the breaking of the rope. Need more accidents - so interesting.

How do you feel about this idea?

Duncan Edwards

Re: Need more intelectual quicksand scenes.

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:35 pm

I try not to overthink any given scene and I generally prefer at least a little eroticism in scenes that I watch. Having said all that though I've long had a fascination with women jumping or falling into a bog. Getting out is made even more interesting when they are plunged very deep without warning and have to struggle that much harder. Not that I require it much but it adds to the plausibility as well. Something to be said for variety too.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:11 am

I'm also somewhat bored of the scenes our producers make, but the primary limitation - in my opinion - is the lack of production capacity that can explore other scene ideas. For a more sophisticated scene (and I do think the intent of this thread is more sophisticated scenes rather than more intellectual), you need more complex sets, competent actors (compared to models) and a budget and crew comparable to a TV show or movie. To do a bridge-crossing accident, you need to have a set in which you can build a bridge and trigger it to collapse, and so on. This is far beyond the capacity of any of our producers.

That said, I think the challenge and the way forward in extending the depth of our quicksand interest is in being more creative with what we have, especially in the way the models interact with the environment and interact with each other.

One of my favourite recent releases is Bazoonga the Part-Time Jungle Girl (the first one, with Star, Annabelle and Candle). The entry isn't very exciting and the quicksand is the watery Hollywood type, but that didn't matter in the scene and in many ways aided it. The rapid-fire ad-lib banter between the actors felt authentic, the pacing of the sinking was appropriately slow and steady, and the plot was something that the producers haven't really done before.

I understand that producers will follow the money - there is an appeal in the cookie-cutter sexual quicksand scenes, and they're relatively easy to shoot quantitatively. Personally, one of the things that detracts from my enjoyment is that there's too much focus on maximising the scene - getting longest time possible in the pit to get the most footage. This is to be expected with the resources available. What I personally look for is intensity - in the scene, in the pacing, in the dialogue. Something that isn't just flopping around from one side of the pit to another. I'm envisioning the actors being a bit more serious in their characters - or perhaps being clearer in creating a character rather than "______ in quicksand".

There is room for eroticism in dramatic plot progression - many of our QS writers are able to weave both together quite well. One of the "near misses" in recent times, in my opinion, is the O-Girl Pleasure Sand scene. Now in fairness, this scene actually is a fantasy, but the "what if" comes in. What if the main character was in a more serious scenario - trying to escape or hide, but being aroused by the "pleasure sand"? A bit of a tease, a bit of tension - more "spices" in the recipe rather than adding more water.

The producers know their capacity best, but the challenge to explore new depths remains.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:59 pm

I have a conflict about simple, non-intellectual quicksand scenes.

I am bored with a lot of them because they're all the same -- but guilty of having made quite a few of them, despite having groaned, "Don't they ever do anything else?" before I ever touched video.

Then, every once in awhile, one punches me in the gut. Like, Kristine's white bra and panty scene...it is very simple...and I have always loved it...

Why???

I guess they just gotta hit you where you live somehow, somewhere...but I'm sunk if I know exactly where that is.

Nessie

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:43 pm

I will say that I agree with the sentiment being expressed although I would express it differently. Perhaps that means I have a different opinion or perhaps not, as a matter of interpretation. I tend to strongly favor scenes that have a story, and to more strongly favor the stronger story. On the other hand, the story does not have to be complicated. In a novel the story is often complicated and there are usually multiple stories interwoven but in a short story the story is generally very simple and multiple stories is generally seen as bad writing (in a short story). I think I see a quicksand scene as something more akin to a short story than to a novel.

In the production side of things, of course, severe constraints are imposed by budgets. A Hollywood scale movie can spend millions of dollars on a movie because if it is any good there will be 9-dollar tickets sold by the millions. When the number of sales is under, and perhaps well under, a hundred the budget rather severely limits what can be done.

The availability of crew is also a limitation. Last year when the production crew that did the weather-channel piece did their filming they came with five people (two actors and three crew) and they took most of an entire day to do what ended up a ten-minute segment. We generally work with up to two performers but we do not normally have more than two crew, and often none except myself.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

SarahMichelle

Postby SarahMichelle » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 pm

As a model in these types of videos, I can agree a little with this. I'm also an actress in independent film so I really enjoy a creative storyline while portraying a character who is more than just a sex symbol. Don't get me wrong, I'm an exhibitionist and love being sexual but I also love ad-libbing & extensive scenes. I actually got to do this last year at Camp MPV in "Sinking in the Rain". It's my favorite video I've done to date for quicksand. I got to showcase some dramatic emotions and struggle and less bimbo-esque " Oh my goodness how did this happen?! " It was a pretty intense scene for me to film. I'm looking forward to doing another one in about 11 days!! :D

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:14 am

@Fred:

I find now that it's not so much the lack of story that is killing my interest, but the lack of character. You're right in that stories don't have to be complex, but even with a good story, not having the right person in the video can make it very dry. This is a lot to ask for people who are primarily models and not actors, but in my opinion, the biggest hole in production value is quality of the acting. The sets are nice, the stories are simple enough to make scenes plausible, but the models often don't get into the right mindset to play out their role in front of the camera - that, or their role isn't clearly defined well enough. As a result, viewers will tend to favour specific models just on the basis that they have the right looks or style that suit the viewer - Paris, Star, Stephanie, Summer, etc. This is to be expected, given the nature of our fetish. It would be interesting, however, to make a scene that stands out more so than the model who stars in it. I'd imagine too that scenes are appealing due to scenarios and costumes - office wear, jungle girl, bikinis, etc.

So we need to have a combination of a plausible scenario, a convincing, authentic performance and an appropriate costume. Often we get one or two out of this combination, but rarely all three.

What I personally would like to see is something more "serious". Not necessarily more intellectual or sophisticated, but in the tone of this thread, something that is more purposeful than rolling around in the mud and whining about being stuck or how gross it feels.

Here's a scene idea that could tick off all the boxes:

F1 and F2 are government agents. They are dressed in business-wear (tick off the costume bit). They are looking for evidence located on a stolen laptop. They split up to cover more area. (Pacing is crucial - less "walking around aimlessly" and shorter segments to get to the main scene).

F1 locates the laptop in the quicksand pit. She calls F2 on her phone to come, but realises that she has to go into the quicksand to retrieve the laptop before it's too late. She drops the phone and runs into the quicksand, immediately sinking to her hips/waist (again, pacing - less of the tentative "ewww" and more urgency). She retrieves the laptop - however, she now realises how far she is away from solid ground and is sinking fast (the "oh shit!" moment). She looks to throw the laptop out, but is afraid that she'll break it or might miss and land in the bog, so she holds onto it. Doing so makes her unable to struggle, and she has to hold still as she sinks deeper into the quicksand.

F1's phone rings. It's F2 trying to locate her. Unfortunately, F1's phone was dropped by the bog. F1 can see it ring but she can't reach it. Up to her chest, she yells out for F2. F2 finally arrives. F1 passes the laptop to F2 before submerging. F2 enters the quicksand to pull F1 free. Once F1 re-emerges, both of them struggle out of the quicksand together.

It's not hard to put this one together - the props and costumes are fairly easily obtainable and don't need to be deliberately sexy (whether or not certain items come off is up to the director). That said, in my opinion, the pacing and urgency make this scene. No bushwalking - just a few seconds to set up the scene. No dilly-dallying on what to do, no airheaded rescue attempt or squealing. It's almost instinctive and the characters have to react to the situation they put themselves in. It has the feeling of helplessness, drama and intensity, and leaves room for the producer to add in their elements of the quicksand scene. And, I'd imagine it'd be interesting or even fun for the models to role-play.

At best, this carries the "extended TV scene" quality. Many of us jump onto possibilities of films or TV shows having QS scenes because they have the resources to make good scenes that are more engaging than what we produce as a community. And because TV shows have limited time, they have to compress the setup elements so that the plot continues with minimal interruption. The story in our scene doesn't need to be a complete one - essentially, we're creating vignettes and clips. It can just end with the characters covered in mud, breathing heavily. Maybe a "Let's get this back to the lab" and then fade out.

In short, perhaps there is some appeal in intensity and purpose rather than diluted struggling.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Viridian wrote:I find now that it's not so much the lack of story that is killing my interest, but the lack of character. You're right in that stories don't have to be complex, but even with a good story, not having the right person in the video can make it very dry. This is a lot to ask for people who are primarily models and not actors, but in my opinion, the biggest hole in production value is quality of the acting. The sets are nice, the stories are simple enough to make scenes plausible, but the models often don't get into the right mindset to play out their role in front of the camera - that, or their role isn't clearly defined well enough. As a result, viewers will tend to favour specific models just on the basis that they have the right looks or style that suit the viewer - Paris, Star, Stephanie, Summer, etc. This is to be expected, given the nature of our fetish. It would be interesting, however, to make a scene that stands out more so than the model who stars in it. I'd imagine too that scenes are appealing due to scenarios and costumes - office wear, jungle girl, bikinis, etc.
So we need to have a combination of a plausible scenario, a convincing, authentic performance and an appropriate costume. Often we get one or two out of this combination, but rarely all three.
What I personally would like to see is something more "serious". Not necessarily more intellectual or sophisticated, but in the tone of this thread, something that is more purposeful than rolling around in the mud and whining about being stuck or how gross it feels.

I agree with Viridian on this score - In the end, someone sinks, and it really depends on how it is done that is the key to whether a scene is enjoyable or not. I still get a charge out of dramatic sinks, and never get bored with all of the screaming and thrashing, etc. as long as it is convincing. For me, that never gets old. :D Not naming names, of course, but there are some ladies who I can watch "plop and sink" all day because they bring a certain "something" to the scenes which would bore me if someone else did the same thing. This "something" is different for all viewers, I bet... but for me, the performers could sink in anything - even quick-water, and make it worth watching. Connect them up to an intense scenario and costume and you have a winner.

Frankly, and this isn't a complaint, by the way... the community is getting a tad spoiled by having all of this material available so they are getting fussy about it. I remember, as I'm sure we all do, when we'd suffer through crappy movies and TV in the hope of seeing a simple sawdust sink... and that was enough to get hearts pounding, only because there was no other material around. Now, with so much to enjoy and check out, we have the luxury to get picky, which is a good thing in my book.

Creatively, I understand where producers and performers are coming from to, doing the same thing over and over again. It must be frustrating to try something new, too, only to have it go over like a lead balloon while everyone goes nuts for the same old thing. I get that from writing myself... the stories I post often take months to do, rewrite, rework and so forth in an effort to try to bring something a tad different to the sinking story, yet the ones which tend to get all the attention are the old standards. (But since I'm writing for myself... I can live with it. I tend to write those on occasion, too,,, if the mood hits... ;) )

I temper all of this with the knowledge all things end, and all we enjoy today could vanish forever without warning. Eventually, even the producers will get bored, and that will be the end of that. So I'm going to enjoy this while I can. :D

Hispanian1

Postby Hispanian1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:49 am

Well, need stories more complex, no more expensive.

With brain and money is like O-girl and others like Bondage Cafe (Thanks Jim)

But it is a luxury do.

But our dedicated and professional actresses (Thanks Girls)

Just need betters stories.

Serial Sinker or Kill me softly are good stories (Thanks Dave)

or The tramp of Zorro and the wife of chief Isadalka (Thanks Fred)

This only that, more "intelectual".

Hispanian1

Postby Hispanian1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:50 am

SarahMichelle wrote:As a model in these types of videos, I can agree a little with this. I'm also an actress in independent film so I really enjoy a creative storyline while portraying a character who is more than just a sex symbol. Don't get me wrong, I'm an exhibitionist and love being sexual but I also love ad-libbing & extensive scenes. I actually got to do this last year at Camp MPV in "Sinking in the Rain". It's my favorite video I've done to date for quicksand. I got to showcase some dramatic emotions and struggle and less bimbo-esque " Oh my goodness how did this happen?! " It was a pretty intense scene for me to film. I'm looking forward to doing another one in about 11 days!! :D

Thanks. Gracias.

Return to “General Discussion”