deep sinking message board down

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Fred588
Producer

Re: deep sinking message board down

Postby Fred588 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:55 pm

flarestriker wrote:I noticed it went down awhile ago. I thought there may be a technical hiccup or something. But I do agree, things have gone downhill since that day the sand was hardened. Don't know if that analogy works, but that's all I could think of lol.

I had a lot of fun there myself. I still went on Sinking Island now and again, though usually on my original account that I could alter my profile to for some weird reason. Maybe someone will remake Sinking Island for use here. That would be pretty sweet.

psychicworldjungleland.com is as much of a re-do as I could pull off. It has multiple chat rooms, a restaurant where things can be ordered, and a trail system with some very limited interactivity, but no sinking pits.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:29 pm

A community isn't a message board. It's the people who post there. For all intents and purposes the place went down years ago because everybody who was a member there left for greener pastures. Deepsinking is dead......long live Quicksand Fans. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:26 am

Lord Malaphus wrote:I was never a member of Deepsinker.org so I'm not quite understanding what caused the removal of adult content. But The fact that folks like Boggy man,and Nachtjaeger were not given the courtesy of enough time to save their stuff? And the folks that removed the stuff didn't at least give a month ahead warning that it was happening? That was an unforgivable dick move in my opinion! But then again I don't know the whole story.

The owners apparently felt uncomfortable for some time with the adult content, so they finally decided to get rid of it, and become a "PG" rated site.

Actually, I do believe that I did manage to retrieve all my adventures before they disappeared, since we were given a time period to do so. :) But then, slightly over two years later, I lost it all due to a hard drive crash. :x
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Bogeyman, I really think u should join deepsinkingguys :) come on over :)

Sydney

Postby Sydney » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:28 am

It's sad. I myself did also walk away when the change in philosophy came down so heavy-handedly. I only did it with sadness, not a lot of anger. I figured it was someone else's property anyway, so I didn't have a lot of say in how things were running, outside of just walking. I treat pretty much all places that way unless I own the place outright. I'm not really surprised that it basically shriveled up and blew away in the wind.

BTW, it appears there's still a server there, the "landing page" still exists, but everything past that is blank pages. Not even a 404, just blank white space.
Taking anything too seriously is as big a threat as not taking it seriously enough. - Berke Breathed,

jma00a1

Postby jma00a1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:24 pm

It did seem to take a very hard turn from a fun, adult community ..to one where even the slightest hint of adult humor was dealt with quick and sudden removal from the Group.

I myself had been a contributing member for at least several years...had a decent Karma rating and gave out tons of karma. I had re-posted in the (evening ) section the youtube cartoon about the guy using his (appendage) to help pull the guy from the quicksand. (this same vid is here and has been here for sometime). at the end it has a guy on a helicopter pulling the guy from the quicksand using the same method...lol However, it appears that someone let a super, right wing conservative religious fanatic take the helm of the group....well, thank god it has been deleted ....I hope the same thing doesn't happen here. I love this place :D

Crazee_Canuck_252

Postby Crazee_Canuck_252 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:19 am

I used to be quite active there, under another "handle." Slowly, I found a lot of the newer members were very unpleasant and downright nasty.
I found the moderation getting more and more severe, to the point where I stopped posting anything or even replying to threads.
One individual, who shall remain nameless as he(?) just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, took it upon himself to insight flame wars with his holier than thou attitude... as if his past glories made him(?) deserving of some sort of god-like admiration. Yeah... not so much, bubba.
Well, then came the no adult stuff ban and the place went into the shitter.
It became completely useless, in fact.
That was around the time this place was firing-up.
Well... this forum is good, vital and very welcoming.
It gets more and more active every time I visit and this pleases me.
Will this place eventually fade to black, with folks using social media more and more?
I certainly hope not.
Places like Facebook and the like are too heavily, and blindly moderated by soulless software programs, designed to ban discussions and topics based on keywords.
No human factor involved at all.
Somebody (somebodies, technically) actually nurtures this board, cares for it and has watched it grow into what it is today.
Long Live QSFans, I say.
Deep Sinking... well... it was what it was... until it wasn't.
Turn the page.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:30 am

Not to mention that members, in general, prefer anonymity to these kinds of sites rather than publicly connecting this interest to a central account. For example, I'm an increasingly known YouTube personality in one of my other lives. That's something I don't want to cross over to this community, and vice versa.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:04 am

Crazee_Canuck_252 wrote:Deep Sinking... well... it was what it was... until it wasn't.

Perfectly stated. And now it ain't.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Crazee_Canuck_252

Postby Crazee_Canuck_252 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:11 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Crazee_Canuck_252 wrote:Deep Sinking... well... it was what it was... until it wasn't.

Perfectly stated. And now it ain't.

The one and only wise thing my dad ever told me was: "These things happen."
In the end, it doesn't matter.
We're all here. :D

Return to “General Discussion”