What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
quickman

Re: What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Postby quickman » Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am

I've been thinking a lot lately about a scene that should have been made in any number of old cheesy sci-fi flicks. In the scene a couple of astronauts are exploring another planet when one of them steps into some extraterrestrial quicksand. It is very loose and he sinks down into it. The camera would show not only the angle of him sinking but also the view from inside his helmet. As he is going down, you'll see the quicksand creeping up the face shield on his helmet. All the while he is screaming for help but his fellow astronaut doesn't dare go in to help him. Because he is in a space suit with a head set, you continue to hear his screams after he has completely submerged. And you know he will be alive until his life support runs out. The scene would fade away with his screams.
Since the type of movie I'm thinking of would also have been during the heyday of quicksand used as a plot device, it seems like this would have been a real obvious scene to have done.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat May 18, 2019 8:13 am

I have imagined scenarios similar to this one, but ending with the person increasing the air pressure in the suit to inflate it to its maximum, making it buoyant so that the person rises back up to the surface again to escape the deadly trap!
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

quickman

Postby quickman » Sun May 19, 2019 10:41 am

Like something Macgyver would think of

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:40 am

Thought of some more.-
-Band of The Hand
-The Lost City

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:37 pm

Low hanging fruit answers: Adrienne Barbeau in Swamp Thing, Bo Derek in Tarzan the Ape Man, the movie Sheena with Tanya Roberts, any other Tarzan movie that didn’t have a female scene. Anaconda was another bad movie I sat through that failed to have a scene (wasting a Jennifer Lopez opportunity).
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm

Flip answer: Any movie that did not have one. ... Second flip answer: Any movie with a quicksand scene would be improved by a second one.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:35 pm

Fred588 wrote:Flip answer: Any movie that did not have one. ... Second flip answer: Any movie with a quicksand scene would be improved by a second one.

The movie Lure of the Swamp (certainly not a classic film) does have two scenes in it: a male scene with Jack Elam and a final female scene with Joan Vohs. Neither scene was particularly good, although the final one does have a nice looking actress in a nice white dress. Maybe if I search my aging memory, I can think of more two-scene films.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Quicksand-Lover-7

Postby Quicksand-Lover-7 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:45 pm

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle, with Karen Gillan. Big missed opportunity! :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:21 am

Quicksand-Lover-7 wrote:Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle, with Karen Gillan. Big missed opportunity! :!:

And she was in a sinking hole before in Dr. Who which was a really good scene. This is the missed opportunity of the century!

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:31 pm

I'm gonna pitch in & say Kong: Skull Island.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Return to “General Discussion”