What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions

What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 am

Of course, the simple, obvious answer is "any movie with a pretty girl". But, I want to know... What specific movie or movies would you have liked to see a mud/sinking scene in?
Personally, I would want to have seen a mud scene in Frozen. Maybe while Anna and Kristoff are going to see the trolls, Anna accidentally falls in some mud and gets stuck, and then Kristoff rescues her or something.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Chimerix

Re: What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene

Postby Chimerix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:59 am

Return of Swamp Thing, with Heather Locklear. What a wasted opportunity! Rumor is, that a quicksand scene with Heather was actually filmed, but cut.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Chimerix wrote:Return of Swamp Thing, with Heather Locklear. What a wasted opportunity! Rumor is, that a quicksand scene with Heather was actually filmed, but cut.

I concur! A lost opportunity... and a lost scene maybe? I know there's a scene in the novelization of this film.

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Chimerix wrote:Return of Swamp Thing, with Heather Locklear. What a wasted opportunity! Rumor is, that a quicksand scene with Heather was actually filmed, but cut.

Actually, I heard that they WANTED to do a QS scene, but Heather didn't. :cry:

Jurassic Park and Lost are on the top of my list of wasted opportunities, especially considering all the crazy ways people got bumped off on that stupid island, and the fact that from a writing standpoint, LOST was a PhD dissertation on how to waste time (but that's another thread ;)).

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Well my answer is probably a bit on the side of flippancy. ANY movie. Really though, I suspect the original question was intended to ask which movie would MOST benefit by inclusion of a quicksand scene. All the proposed answers would be near the top of my list.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:05 pm

PM2K wrote:

I concur! A lost opportunity... and a lost scene maybe? I know there's a scene in the novelization of this film.

how about the original Swamp Thing... Adrienne could have finished her bath in the pond, seen the bad guys on the shore, tried to come ashore in a different spot only to find it's quicksand... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:07 pm

and now that i think about it... One Million Years BC had Raquel Welch in that fur bikini get into a lot of scrapes, quicksand would have been a nice one :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:00 pm

First movie that comes to mind for me actually had mud that the lovely Jennifer Love Hewitt stepped and fell in, but I mention it because the mud was incredibly shallow. In case anyone is wondering I'm referring to Heartbreakers. She followed the the guy she was trying to date or something into a swamp like area, stepped into a patch of mud then lost her balance and appropriately fall butt first into a shallow and sticky patch of mud. Now had that pit been quicksand or at least deeper mud with some struggling it would (obviously) have been much much better.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

James diGriz

Postby James diGriz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:36 pm

With the Swamp Thing movies, it was different.

In Swamp thing, there is a scene in the novelization, and in the shooting script. However, Adrienne Barbeau didn't want to do the scene. It happened where Cable was escaping Arcane's men, when as they are driving after her, Swamp Thing stops the vehicle, and beat them to snot. She wades into the swamp, and stays there. At this time was supposed to be quicksand, but the actress didn't want to do it.

In Return of Swamp Thing, there was no scene written, or scripted. Heather Locklear wanted to do a scene, where she runs through the swamp to escape Arcane's men, but it was axed. One can only hope they do a Swamp Thing movie right, with quicksand.

MjM
How unfortunate you didn't have a proper guide to navigate these swamps.

Kinky Desires

Postby Kinky Desires » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:10 pm

One that springs to mind for me would be Jennifer Lopez in Anaconda. It had a few scenes of her wading through a river, but no sinking. A proper quicksand scene would've fitted in well I think, given the jungle surroundings :twisted:

Return to “General Discussion”