What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene

Postby dlodoski » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:00 am

jack c wrote:Dave and Fred - Tarzan Escapes has the long swamp trek at the end - that's the one I said didn't count; they were all walking. But have Maureen O'Sullivan wander off the path ... you know, there could have been a great scene. I didn't think to mention Gilligan's Island - an obvious omission. I would have picked Mary Ann.

the Swamp Thing TV show also had many opportunities, but (sigh) no results.

Yea, the eventual released version did show Jane/Maureen slip right after one of the porters went under. Probably the biggest near miss in history...

Definitely a 'Mary Ann' myself.

And, the thought of Kari Wuhrer sinking in those short denim cut-offs she ran around in? Jeeezz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

scooterjack

Postby scooterjack » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:19 am

Murder at 1600 with Diane Lane. There's scenes near the end of the movie where she's in this sewer type area under the White House, wading crotch deep in muddy water, while wearing tight jeans. It had the potential for her to possibly fall in to some sticky, sludgy area but it didn't happen. However, later on it shows her getting restrained by security guards and you can see that her jeans are covered in mud, so maybe they shot a deleted mud sinking scene. Close but no cigar. :|

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:10 am

In the movie, Crocodile Dundee, there was a scene where reporter Sue Charlton (played by Linda Kozlowski) undressed into a swimsuit, and was getting some water when she was attacked by a crocodile, with Crocodile Dundee watching her from behind the foliage, and then coming to her rescue. It would have been nice to see her fall into some quicksand.

I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:05 am

The House Bunny; There was a scene where they had a Aztec party. Emma Stone's character was dancing around in a pit with a gelatin like substance that looks like quicksand. If only.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:56 pm

What about fucking Lobsterman From Mars?
When the lobster chased Deborah Foreman's sexy ass right into a steamy, bubbly patch of quicksand with a sign and everything. And she never gets in it. I've always felt robbed by that scene.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:28 am

Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Imagine this as quicksand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:43 am

OBI-wan wrote:Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Imagine this as quicksand.

Forget Fast Times. What about the great Phoebe Cates flick Paradise? She spends the entire flick wet and naked on a tropical island and never even gets muddy.

aphoebe_cates_paradise_18.jpg

Acidtester wrote:What about fucking Lobsterman From Mars?
When the lobster chased Deborah Foreman's sexy ass right into a steamy, bubbly patch of quicksand with a sign and everything. And she never gets in it. I've always felt robbed by that scene.

WHOA! You mean probably the only bad 80's movie I've never seen has Deborah Valley Girll Foreman in a failed quicksand scene? Yeah, that's robbed.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

x42swamper

Postby x42swamper » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:39 am

I would love to have seen more QS The Land Of The Lost. Lots of ideas went to waist. But the silly Brontosaurus Dopey got caught in a tar pit. But I would have rather seen a Sleestack go under while running through the jungle. This was the 1970's show. :mrgreen:

Next would be THE BLOB. Since you got a big slimy ball of Goo eating people. Why not have somebody step on it , or in it and be devoured like in the Creepshow scene in the raft. Yummm The Blob would have got a tasty treat, and a slow sink with a sexy model being pulled in slowly :P Maybe we can get a new generation of blob movies with this monster on the loose :P

Last but not least, the Attack Of The Giant Leeches. What a waste of talent. No quicksand scenes and the movie was filmed in a swamp :cry:
As the path narrows you find yourself face to face with a dark towering Shadow. A shadow composed of all your doubts and fears. And he's well armed to defend the treasure.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:48 am

Then you should be aware that yet ANOTHER Blob remake is in the works............perhaps this one won't be a complete pile of shit :D

Cuthbert

Postby Cuthbert » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:07 am

The show= Game of thrones
Two characters= Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister.
Situation= the two are chest deep fighting to their death in quicksand. Of course I'd want Jon Snow to win! This fight could take place in the Crannog men's kingdom. They are a people that actually live among the bogs and fens in that tale. There are descriptions of bogs,quags and quicksand in the story. Though no actual descriptions of a sinking scene. Indeed Winter is coming.

Return to “General Discussion”