What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Kinky Desires

Re: What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene

Postby Kinky Desires » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:44 am

TheWolverine79 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I was constantly hoping that a quicksand scene would occur on "Baywatch". Yes, I know there was that "sinkhole" scene, but that doesn't count as it wasn't one of the hot babes. For as long as that show ran, we couldn't get one scene, not one?! Can someone explain this to me?! Sheesh!

I completely agree with TheWolverine79! If any producers are reading this, I think this would be a great idea for a scene next season. After all we have plenty of models with the "Baywatch" look and the costume shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of http://www.amazon.com/Smiffys-Womens-Baywatch-Bodysuit-Yellow/dp/B0048VXXRO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1422959897&sr=8-4&keywords=baywatch+costume

The only difficulty would be the location. Obviously lifeguards work on the beach and none of our dedicated quicksand studios have a beach pit (unless you count the "sand sinks" that PRP did). Maybe we could have a lifeguard who is late for work and decides to take a fateful shortcut through the woods on the way to the beach?

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Cuthbert wrote:The show= Game of thrones
Two characters= Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister.
Situation= the two are chest deep fighting to their death in quicksand. Of course I'd want Jon Snow to win! This fight could take place in the Crannog men's kingdom. They are a people that actually live among the bogs and fens in that tale. There are descriptions of bogs,quags and quicksand in the story. Though no actual descriptions of a sinking scene. Indeed Winter is coming.

great show, but i'd rather see Margery Tyrell and Sansa Stark... maybe when they were walking thru the gardens after a heavy rain and didn't realize a pool was now too muddy... Sansa falls in, Margery has nothing to rescue her with so she strips off her dress (which is pretty skimpy in any case) but while trying to pull Sansa out gets dragged in with her... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Well, I honestly can't name any particular movie, but I believe that any fantasy movie with elves, princesses, priestesses, village girls, jungle girls, cyberpunk girls, post-apocalyptic girls must have a quicksand scene or several quicksand scenes. If such a movie already has a quicksand scene, it must have more of them.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:14 pm

Billie Bonce wrote:Well, I honestly can't name any particular movie, but I believe that any fantasy movie with elves, princesses, priestesses, village girls, jungle girls, cyberpunk girls, post-apocalyptic girls must have a quicksand scene or several quicksand scenes. If such a movie already has a quicksand scene, it must have more of them.

Can't argue with that reasoning! :D

x42swamper

Postby x42swamper » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:23 am

I'm sure some of you remember the Horror film The Terror. Jack Nicholson is chasing a girl near a ghoulish scary castle on a dark and foggy night. What little does Jack know that it's a lure into a Quicksand bog. Suddenly a man stops him from the chase :shock:

Then he lobs in a large rock. The rock makes a soft THUD !! They both look at it and it SLOWLY sinks out of sight :shock:

Jack mutters she wanted me dead, but she's beautiful. NO the man said , she's insane.

My point is simple with some perfect red gooey clay like that only a rock goes under :roll: That was some perfect goop somebody could of ran into. But that's Hollywood :|
As the path narrows you find yourself face to face with a dark towering Shadow. A shadow composed of all your doubts and fears. And he's well armed to defend the treasure.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:38 am

x42swamper wrote:I'm sure some of you remember the Horror film The Terror. Jack Nicholson is chasing a girl near a ghoulish scary castle on a dark and foggy night. What little does Jack know that it's a lure into a Quicksand bog. Suddenly a man stops him from the chase :shock:

Then he lobs in a large rock. The rock makes a soft THUD !! They both look at it and it SLOWLY sinks out of sight :shock:

Jack mutters she wanted me dead, but she's beautiful. NO the man said , she's insane.

My point is simple with some perfect red gooey clay like that only a rock goes under :roll: That was some perfect goop somebody could of ran into. But that's Hollywood :|

I remember first time I saw that and being so disappointed that she didn't get back to that spot. But that's shlock director/producer Roger Corman. He shot that movie in three days he had left from shooting another movie at the same time. I don't think his budget was much more than what Dave spent on "Young Lady, Deep Mud". And he probably used non-union quicksand for that scene. :)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

YerK

Postby YerK » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:51 am

"McLintock". It has a big mudfight scene, but I could enjoy some rescuing a damsel or two in it too. ;-)

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:05 pm

The movie "Hallelujah Trail". Remember Quicksand Bottoms? Just all the male actors sank in that one, but it was the women in the movie that changed the signs around, causing those wagons to go straight into them. Couldn't they have at least have one female slip and fall into one of them and have their 'sisters' come and rescue them in the movie? OH Hollywood! Please Get With It !! :roll:
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 am

The King Kong movies had missed opportunities.

jack c

Postby jack c » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:04 am

Mudmaiden,

Hallelujah Trail was indeed a disappointment. The quicksand was just stuff floating on water, anyway, so it wasn't so great. But with all those women in the film, it would have been a good scene nonetheless. And just how did they rearrange the trail signs at night without stumbling in, anyway?

- jack

Return to “General Discussion”