Thank You Acid Tester!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Thank You Acid Tester!

Postby dlodoski » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:39 am

I pitched the idea of a tribute thread in the Requests forum, and then realized that there's no reason I can't start one. ;)

AT, in my opinion, is the most remarkable artist we have in the community. Partly because he doesn't flinch when it comes to expressing his every whim in his artwork, but mostly because is drawings are HOT. They are balls out entertaining.

I'm posting one of my favorites. It's unsigned, but obviously AT's. Group concepts are a lot of fun. And I always look for someone already submerged in them. This one has three. 8-)

Thank you AT!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Herzeleid

Re: Thank You Acid Tester!

Postby Herzeleid » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:30 pm

I agree with Dave : I always looked forward to AT's pictures too, and I still have somewhere his depictions of Krystal's sinking scenes. That cheerleader pic would be a great scene to film, although I suspect the logistics and cost would most probably be prohibitive ! Still, I can enjoy AT's pic, so thanks for posting it, Save. :D :D :D
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:13 pm

Too True Dave! :)

One of the best artists in our neck of the woods, bar none!

That picture of the bus full of sinking cheerleaders is just too awesome! It's AT's masterpiece in my humble opinion, but I also have a special place in my heart for this one...

AT helped bring my lead characters to life and I can't be more grateful! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:16 pm

it's impossible for me to just pick one of the many AT damsels that captured my heart, but i've got it down to three (well, technically 4 damsels) :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:39 pm

The bus-full-of-cheerleaders is my favorite as well!! Epic beyond words... I'm sad his DeviantArt gallery was closed, and hope he opens another gallery somewhere...
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Herzeleid wrote:... That cheerleader pic would be a great scene to film, although I suspect the logistics and cost would most probably be prohibitive ! Still, I can enjoy AT's pic, so thanks for posting it, Save. :D :D :D

Not that shooting it hasn't been worked out in some detail already. The original concept for the BLOC (has it's own acronym it certain circles) came from Pete Boggs and this is AT's very worthy revision. It wouldn't be the first scene that he provided inspiration for.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Herzeleid

Postby Herzeleid » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Herzeleid wrote:... That cheerleader pic would be a great scene to film, although I suspect the logistics and cost would most probably be prohibitive ! Still, I can enjoy AT's pic, so thanks for posting it, Save. :D :D :D

Not that shooting it hasn't been worked out in some detail already. The original concept for the BLOC (has it's own acronym it certain circles) came from Pete Boggs and this is AT's very worthy revision. It wouldn't be the first scene that he provided inspiration for.

Mmmmmm . . . Sounds interesting : That would be one scene DEFINITELY worth the purchase price ! :D :D
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Herzeleid wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:

Mmmmmm . . . Sounds interesting : That would be one scene DEFINITELY worth the purchase price ! :D :D

At about $1000.00 a copy by my figures. But we digress. Fortunately we have AT to bring such things to life for us. I have spent a lot of time looking at that particular piece of art and imagining how each girl got to where she is and where she is going. Like Dave I love groups. It's like a grim orgy of sinking.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Well, I must say, I am honored.

Trust me, I could wish for nothing more than to be able to create more Acidtester pieces.
Unfortunately things have changed and I don't know if I'll ever be able to produce and display the same type of stuff. I loved doing it, and having an audience for it here.

As for the cheerleader picture, I still remember sitting in a parking lot at BathBed&Beyond in 2006 in my Mercury Cougar sketching that out. It was not necessarily one of my personal favorites, but it does hold the record for the most victims in a single one of my drawings. My favorite part of that image has always been that if you look close you'll see that none of them are trying to help each other. Maybe if they cooperated they might survive, but they're too self-absorbed for that.

I no longer have anything to post, but one of my favorites was always the Safari Girl cover called Betrayal, I just think it came out beautifully. And the more recent remake of the GI Joe cover that sparked this tribute. I love how that one came out too.

It's weird that I've drawn Safari Girl dying so many times, but now that she really is gone, I really miss her.

Anyways, I do appreciate the gratitude for my past work and thanks for being around here for me to show it to for the past 15 years.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Always liked this one for ideas :)

asg022.jpg

and you inspired other artists ....

safari_girl_fan_art_by_faustie-d58p1f1.jpg

Return to “General Discussion”