Thank You Acid Tester!

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Duncan Edwards

Re: Thank You Acid Tester!

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Acidtester wrote:Well, I must say, I am honored.

Trust me, I could wish for nothing more than to be able to create more Acidtester pieces.
Unfortunately things have changed and I don't know if I'll ever be able to produce and display the same type of stuff. I loved doing it, and having an audience for it here.

As for the cheerleader picture, I still remember sitting in a parking lot at BathBed&Beyond in 2006 in my Mercury Cougar sketching that out. It was not necessarily one of my personal favorites, but it does hold the record for the most victims in a single one of my drawings. My favorite part of that image has always been that if you look close you'll see that none of them are trying to help each other. Maybe if they cooperated they might survive, but they're too self-absorbed for that.

I no longer have anything to post, but one of my favorites was always the Safari Girl cover called Betrayal, I just think it came out beautifully. And the more recent remake of the GI Joe cover that sparked this tribute. I love how that one came out too.

It's weird that I've drawn Safari Girl dying so many times, but now that she really is gone, I really miss her.

Anyways, I do appreciate the gratitude for my past work and thanks for being around here for me to show it to for the past 15 years.

I understand that sometimes it's just time to stop for whatever reason. We're grateful that your work continued for as long as it did and hope you might return to it someday under different circumstances. How do you feel about your work being displayed all over the place? Do you have any do or don't about it?
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:04 pm

My favorite has got to be the series with a helpless female victim forced to give her captor a blowjob as she's sinking. I think a great many of us have a variant of that fantasy, and seeing it brought to life was REALLY enjoyable!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:31 pm

As much as I love seeing my work around. I really need to try to remove as much of it from google searches and the internet in General as possible.
Many of my friends here have agreed to take down whatever they had up.
Maybe someday things could change, but for now acidtester is a memory.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:37 pm

I did see it, and I love it. Thank you blight.
QSA was also the first artist I found among this community. His work was great!
Thanks everyone.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

laserjim

Postby laserjim » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Thank you Acid tester. I've been a fan of your work for some time. I actually have a print you produced and sold on ebay years ago .I moved so it is still in its shipping tube somewhere hopefully in good shape. As good as seeing your artworks on a computer screen. The print is waaay better. Thanks again for all your hard work.

-Jim

Return to “General Discussion”