Need more intelectual quicksand scenes.

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
spunkee311

Re: Need more intelectual quicksand scenes.

Postby spunkee311 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:06 pm

First I want to thank all the producers for their diligence, hard work, and dedication.

I'm a strong believer that these quicksand videos are like pizza. Even a bad pizza is still pizza. I think everyone does have some valid points in this thread, but I believe it still overalls boils down to preference. I personally love really simplistic scenes. Hell, I don't even mind a short scene if packs a punch. (like the Natalia Scene I posted a review about in the MPV thread).

I'm glad that we are at a time where there are multiple producers pumping out scenes. Which to me is the most important thing. I think, however, its a bit overboard to say that one is bored with all the current quicksand scenes. As I'm sure there are always some gems on the batch of scenes that are released.

Personally, I don't think quicksand scenes need a insane budget to develop what we are looking for. I think it just takes some creativity and thought. These are models, yes, but I get surprised from time to time how well they can pull off their acting at times. Let's remember that some of these models shoot 10 scenes a day. They might not always be on point.

It sounds like people prefer a more thought out, dramatic scene with great acting, which is a fair statement as I feel the same. The "crazier" scenes where the models play robots or aliens just don't do it for me personally. But all that is trumped if there is a well-paced, epic, quicksand scene.

jimbomite

Postby jimbomite » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:15 pm

This is an interesting topic...I realize I do not post much here but I have stopped buying videos because of the themes mentioned here. They are, in a sense, too predictable. If anyone remembers a movie created by Boa (I think) titled "On the Run" of a girl tied in a forest...being chased by a cgi snake that makes a very short appearance. The two great things about this movie, in my mind, is the camera is sometimes filming from the snake's perspective, chasing after her. She is of course still tied at the hands and gagged, running to get away. She though runs into a boggy marsh and stumbles/sinks in often watery ground up to her thighs/legs time after time as she is trying to get away from the approaching snake (the ropes compound her escape). As Viridian indicated, it is simple, the props are minimal, but the actress is running on fear alone and pretty much does not know where the pits are. That gave it a more real feel.

My two cents - but those currently acting in and making the movies, keep up the good work.

Jim

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:26 pm

spunkee311 wrote:First I want to thank all the producers for their diligence, hard work, and dedication.

I'm a strong believer that these quicksand videos are like pizza. Even a bad pizza is still pizza. I think everyone does have some valid points in this thread, but I believe it still overalls boils down to preference. I personally love really simplistic scenes. Hell, I don't even mind a short scene if packs a punch. (like the Natalia Scene I posted a review about in the MPV thread)....

Very well said. What would be very helpful in determining what is good would be if people spoke up more when they see something they like. (As you did) A little explanation about why you enjoyed something would help others to know if this is something they want to risk their money on.

Some here have expressed very specific preferences and that is understandable. Problem is that such things rarely work out economically. The business side is very difficult to make work with such a small audience.

Love this thread - Hope everyone says what they think.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Hispanian1

Postby Hispanian1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:58 pm

All is true.

I love any scene with Hannah or Stefanie (and a long list). The simplicity is not bad.

His the history, by example: Pirateland, just need one sword, a good Actress and Fred. (many imaginatión, good scene and no more expensive).

The Spammer, with Stefani Jaymes, is good scene.

Better with a costume, like Wonder Woman, but, not necessarily.

Jumpoff_Joe

Postby Jumpoff_Joe » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:55 pm

spunkee311 wrote:I'm a strong believer that these quicksand videos are like pizza. Even a bad pizza is still pizza.

I suddenly want pizza. :D

I agree with this comment.

I also like simplistic scenes, not just from a producer's perspective. Some storyline is good, but it shouldn't be more than about 10-15 percent of the feature.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:24 am

Studio 588 has turned out quite a few scenes that are more "Twilight Zone" style short dramas than "plop and sink" fetish fodder. (Not that I have any complaint with the latter.)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “General Discussion”