Safety measures when sinking alone?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
gamwam

Re: Safety measures when sinking alone?

Postby gamwam » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm

boggy I wish I could take a look at my area and see what u can find cos I give up lol

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:38 am

I have searched my area before, I'm wondering if there is something that I might have missed around Marcola, Oregon.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Where I live in NJ, there are no places I know off where you will sink over you head. However, there are a lot of bays here and you can sink waist to chest deep in mud. The problem is sometimes it is really hard to get out so I bring a piece of plywood. Gives me leverage to get out. I tried with a rope once and not a good idea since it drew me in deeper. I had to wiggle for a while to get out. Also, if you are close to firm ground, can use that to push yourself out, but if the ground around is very loose can be very difficult to get out.

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:27 am

My quick 2 cents, since Boggy Man said it so well, where I live, I've been lucky to find even 2 feet of mud, it's mostly less than that or none at all. I love the feeling of it so I don't wear heavy equipment. But I do carry along a stick so I can just poke at the ground to see how deep down the mud goes. It's a great way to figure out if an intriguing mud spot is even worth your time.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:36 am

gamwam wrote:boggy I wish I could take a look at my area and see what u can find cos I give up lol

I decided to do some exploring with Google Maps/Earth, and found candidates. But, since we are getting a bit off topic here, I posted the results in this thread:

http://www.quicksandfans.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=847&start=189
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:06 am

Jon Smith wrote:I have searched my area before, I'm wondering if there is something that I might have missed around Marcola, Oregon.

I had some time left to do some exploring with Google Maps/Earth, and found some potential places for you to check out. But, since we are getting a bit off topic here, I posted the results in this thread:

http://www.quicksandfans.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=847&start=190
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

cududes

Postby cududes » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:50 pm

If you are sinking in the nude you shouldn’t have as much problems getting out. I decided to do a little cross dressing in the mud once. I might as well attached boat anchors to my feet. Getting in the heels strapped to my feet was quit easy, but it sure made getting out tough.

The one thing I do recommend is some kind of sandal, shoe or aqua socks. I have stepped on many a thing going out into the mud. Once you know the quality they are easy enough to take off.

Return to “General Discussion”