A hello and a couple questions about rules.

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Nessie
Producer

Re: A hello and a couple questions about rules.

Postby Nessie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:11 am

The_Real_Me wrote:So, yeah, hello everyone. (waves shyly)

Hi! Mooching and lurking is actually fine, but I bet it feels good to de-lurk!

I have, however, encountered a couple doubts, which I hope you could enlighten me on.

I'll do my best here.

I strongly suspect the proper sub-forum for those would be Manipulations, not Drawings.

Based on what else is in Manipulations, and the fact that you believe them to be Manipulations, I would say that what you are describing fits that forum best.

My second doubt is a more delicate, and possibly controversial matter. It has to do with Rule 2 of this forum:
"No content (or linking/pointing to content) that discusses or depicts under-aged persons or characters is allowed. Violations of this rule will result in deletions and other unspecified damages."
See, the main characters I created for my quicksand art, are a trio of girls/young women, dressed up and described as scouts (mud scouts of course! :P ).

Well, it's hard to say for sure without actually seeing, but an occupation alone does not an underage character make. There are plenty of grown women prancing around in schoolgirl outfits in quicksand around here.

I used to do a lot of manipulations and my feeling was that if a photo of a woman looks old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes, then she's okay to use.

Cartoons are a tougher call, but then again, they don't look like real people anyway so I'm not sure we should try to assess an anime character in actual human years. If you were to draw a 35-year-old woman as a cartoon and next to her, an 18-year-old woman, probably, you couldn't tell which one was older.

For some reason cartoon artists do put extremely young faces on mature bodies and anime is a big offender here. As an artist myself, this isn't my thing and I don't draw in that style. But if a character has an anime face with the big eyes and little tiny mouth and pointy chin and all that, if the head is on a woman's body, then the character is not considered a child. In fact, some of the anime I see here is not just mature, it's very curvy and sexy...but yeah, they all have those heads.

I would say, if it's a cartoon character, she needs to have breasts at least. Check out what we already have in Manipulations -- is what you're doing in that kind of ballpark?

And as your friendly moderator, I had to approve this post, so I think it would have to get by me first anyway. Don't worry, a disapproval, if it happened, wouldn't exactly be a death sentence.

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:52 am

The_Real_Me wrote:Hello! Oh my, my first reply, and it's a celebrity! 8-)

(blushes) Thanks. This is my after-the-sinking-career retirement gig.

There are some fakes in there that look pretty borderline to, or outright in violation of, Rule 2 as I understand it, if you know the actual character used

Methinks that I would be one of those people who don't know any of the characters. The practical answer here is that nobody has the time or energy to Google every cartoon or anime character and find out who they are and what their stories are, and we're trying not to over-moderate anyway. As long as they're not obviously children, I guess we just wait for somebody to complain.

Hm. Would it be possible, please, to send you, and/or some other mod(s) a private message with a sample of my work?

Sure. My email is lochnessx93@hotmail.com. I can run it by the other mods too.

What I'm wondering here, would omorashi (a character peeing themselves), still be okay? Especially if it was only (heavily) implied, but not actually shown "on screen" or called out literally?[/quote']

Right now we don't have a rule about pee specifically. 'Tis true, we just mentioned poop. But, human nature being what it is, too much pee and we're sure to end up with one. In your place, I would reserve this for an omorashi forum somewhere. If a higher-ranking wants to correct me on this, I'm fine with it.

Thank you for taking the time to indulge my ignorance and anxiety. :mrgreen:

No problem. The question that is never asked is never answered.

I will also mention that there is another forum, http://deepsinking.org/ You couldn't do pee there but they permit characters of any age.

Nessie

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:08 am

Nessie wrote:I will also mention that there is another forum, http://deepsinking.org/ You couldn't do pee there but they permit characters of any age.

As long as the content is "G" rated. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Sorry for the delay here on the post approval here. How it went:

The characters you want to use look fine. Good to go.

Thank you for being understanding but my opinion on omorashi was not a mandate. The actual rule is, yes, specifically about feces. And rules happen when things go wrong. They don't happen because we imagine that things might go wrong. So this too is good to go and if all goes well, all stays well.

Do be aware that rules can change.

On Deviant Art: For pieces that feature quicksand, please link to them in the appropriate forum -- Manipulations or Drawings, most likely. Pieces that feature other fetishes belong in Off-Topic.

By the way, there are quite a few Deviant Art members here, so you should be in good company. Enjoy!

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:44 pm

The_Real_Me wrote:I meant more, not links to individual art, but to the gallery as a whole, with the intent of people sorting themselves out, on weather they want to see my other stuff not posted here, weather because said stuff is off-topic, or non-local-rule-compliant.

Off-topic is no problem because we have the Off-Topic forum! And that is what it's for -- off-topic stuff and yes, other fetishes and non-quicksand artwork would indeed be part of that.

As to non-local rule compliant, without actually seeing the gallery, please use your best judgment. I'm going to treat it like the oromashi -- we'll let it go and see how it goes.

Thank you! For the warm welcome, and again for the time you took for me. Much appreciated.

You're welcome!

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”