Question - interest in attire worn in mud/quicksand

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
MichaelL_Photo

Question - interest in attire worn in mud/quicksand

Postby MichaelL_Photo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello Everyone,

I had a question from a model, who's done mud/quicksand shoots for me:

"Are folks interested in buying the clothing or shoes worn by a model, after she's been in the quicksand?"

I told her, I honestly don't know. Hence, my now asking you, the community.

What say you?

Note: I, myself, after finishing a mud/quicksand shoot, usually just throw away the wardrobe.

Michael
Soft Dangers Visual Productions
michaelleachphoto@gmail.com

bogbud

Re: Question - interest in attire worn in mud/quicksand

Postby bogbud » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Throwing everything away sounds like a waste of money. I'm quite sure you could sell a lot of clothes, as long as they have not turned into a ball of mud. Maybe clean a small part of it, let the model autograph it and you have a collectors item.

I could be interested in wellies, intact leatherboots or raingear. And leave the mud on them :)

Edit/Addition:
Hmm, apparently i'm the only one. Really thought there were more :|
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

scooterjack

Postby scooterjack » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:15 am

Yes, I would love to own a pair of the shorts that the model sank in.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:10 pm

I know that over the years two of the major producers have developed rather skilled procedures for returning garments to the rack. Occasionally a model or crew member would ask to take something with them and it was always difficult for me to say no.

A few times I purchased things for specific scenes that already had some meaning attached to them by somebody else. There was a really vintage dress once and a bikini already worn by a fabulous figure of note. There were some other things like those that generally went home with the talent. I kept one item over the years. A keepsake of sorts.

My guess is that whoever decides to dispose of wardrobe by selling it off would have to do it as an act of generosity more than a chance to make money. I doubt the financial reward would be worth the time and effort. I can say for a fact that seeing your significant other sporting a corset that was worn by a very horny actress as she sank is indeed a real treat. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 pm

From my point of view almost everyone is better served, overall, by cleaning and re-using such things. We now have seven wooden storage racks, totalling 36 feet of hangar bar, just for the main wardrobe items that have been acquired over the years, and that does not include the shoes, boots, hats, wigs, bathing suits, panties, or socks. Most of those items have been used more than once. Its a lot of work to clean it up and that work must be done at a time when a shoot is still underway but the cost savings are substantial.

I COULD offer items for sale but I doubt very much that the cost of doing so would make it worthwhile.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “General Discussion”