Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
sandymandy

Yet Another Situation (Split Topic)

Postby sandymandy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:06 am

bogbud

Re: Yet Another Situation (Split Topic)

Postby bogbud » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:36 pm

"Risk of sinking up his neck...."
Yeah sure, especially when the firefighters are kneeling in the same sand right next to him ;)
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Anyone else really, really want a hovercraft?
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Chimerix wrote:Anyone else really, really want a hovercraft?

Wouldn't that be just the ideal rig for a lot of what we do ?
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:53 pm

It's amazing how dangerous walking on the beach is in England that people get themselves stuck in quicksand. I could never imagine here in NJ along the beach walking and accidentally getting stuck in quicksand. There is plenty of mud in the back bays that can be pretty sticky and deep, but you need to really go out of your way to find it, and also in the rivers where there never is a worry of tides.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:41 pm

I've seen the real thing in two places, Truro in Novas Scotia and Turnagain Arm just south of Anchorage. Both are places where the tide comes in in a rush over very flat channel. I believe the same sort of thing is what is found in the UK locations. I believe the incoming time lifts and saturates the sand along its path, which in both places I've seen is also very fine-grained. It is my believe, therefore, that its the tidal interaction with fins sand that is the cause of tidal quicksand. The tide itself is also the principal danger should one become stuck and its the very fine grain that can entrap a foot.

beachbum wrote:It's amazing how dangerous walking on the beach is in England that people get themselves stuck in quicksand. I could never imagine here in NJ along the beach walking and accidentally getting stuck in quicksand. There is plenty of mud in the back bays that can be pretty sticky and deep, but you need to really go out of your way to find it, and also in the rivers where there never is a worry of tides.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “General Discussion”