A Word of Explanation Regarding Recent Fatality Topic

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Duncan Edwards

A Word of Explanation Regarding Recent Fatality Topic

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:05 pm

I don't like it when things disappear without any explanation so I'm going to provide one. It' doesn't happen often and when it does there are most often very good reasons but it is bound to leave questions and I want to address that. Recently I posted a link to a situation dealing with actual fatality with the interest of the community at heart. It is my honest belief that we tend to minimize potential hazards out there and all to often regard our fetish as having only fantasy potential for danger. This is not the case and I viewed that story as a way to illustrate what can go wrong especially if you fail to follow the most basic rules of safety. The problem was that my good intentions fell afoul of rule #8 for this board.

8. This is a fetish site dealing with serious fantasy themes. However, discussion or depiction of actual mortality is considered inappropriate and will not be tolerated.

After this was pointed out I attempted to self-moderate things but really the only solution was to delete the topic. I was the one who asked for this. QSF moderation has agreed to review rule #8 and possibly revise it to accommodate appropriate situations. Until then it seemed important to be in compliance with the stated rules.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

duuudeization

Re: A Word of Explanation Regarding Recent Fatality Topic

Postby duuudeization » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Thank you Sir Duncan
Its all about peace and love and good happiness stuff

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:39 pm

And your two weeks' banishment begins when? ;)
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:47 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:..... After this was pointed out I attempted to self-moderate things but really the only solution was to delete the topic. I was the one who asked for this. QSF moderation has agreed to review rule #8 and possibly revise it to accommodate appropriate situations. Until then it seemed important to be in compliance with the stated rules.

Thank you for the post.

We should be able to tweak the rule to allow for cautionary references to news events.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “General Discussion”