Wardrobe question: Looong latex(?) gloves

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
bogbud

Wardrobe question: Looong latex(?) gloves

Postby bogbud » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:51 pm

For next season i do want to add some more "kinky" wardrobe-items and this possibly includes some gloves that are longer and better-looking than my usual household- or industrial-ones. In fact pretty much like the gloves Ludella Hahn and Star Bond are sporting in the attached pictures.

Before i spend around 40 Euros for such a pair i do want to know (from producers / models or folks who know more about latex):
- Are these really waterproof?
- How flexible is that material (like if i want to pull them above other gear)?
- How durable are these for our kind of hobby (like digging in heavy mud / pulling and pushing logs and roots)?
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Duncan Edwards

Re: Wardrobe question: Looong latex(?) gloves

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Waterproof as in water won't destroy them? Waterproof as in your skin won't get wet? Water won't harm the gloves themselves but what gets on the skin under the gloves is all about sizing and how tight you can get them. I've seen models sealed in latex wear that keeps the mud or clay off their skin but they are rarely able to keep water itself out. If you look at the cleanup photos of the ladies above you can see they got at least a little messy underneath what they were wearing. The gloves survived just fine.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Waterproof as in water won't destroy them? Waterproof as in your skin won't get wet? Water won't harm the gloves themselves but what gets on the skin under the gloves is all about sizing and how tight you can get them. I've seen models sealed in latex wear that keeps the mud or clay off their skin but they are rarely able to keep water itself out. If you look at the cleanup photos of the ladies above you can see they got at least a little messy underneath what they were wearing. The gloves survived just fine.

Hmmm...i thought latex was 100% watertight?
Or are you talking about water that gets into them from the opening-side when they are completely under-water (or rather under-mud). That would be quite obvious und okay ;). It's more important to know how durable these are.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:41 am

bogbud wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:Waterproof as in water won't destroy them? Waterproof as in your skin won't get wet? Water won't harm the gloves themselves but what gets on the skin under the gloves is all about sizing and how tight you can get them. I've seen models sealed in latex wear that keeps the mud or clay off their skin but they are rarely able to keep water itself out. If you look at the cleanup photos of the ladies above you can see they got at least a little messy underneath what they were wearing. The gloves survived just fine.

Hmmm...i thought latex was 100% watertight?
Or are you talking about water that gets into them from the opening-side when they are completely under-water (or rather under-mud). That would be quite obvious und okay ;). It's more important to know how durable these are.

I think that you would have to research specific items (Amazon reviews) to get your answer for durability.

I have never been impressed with the durability of 'fetish' latex wear. It's generally thin. I don't know if it's because of repeated washings or what. It just doesn't seem to last long before going to pieces. Industrial latex/rubber gloves would be constructed quite differently I presume. Again, look at specific items or brands for durability, and see what folks are saying.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “General Discussion”