Tuesday Knight on filming the quicksand scene in Nightmare 4

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
A20

Tuesday Knight on filming the quicksand scene in Nightmare 4

Postby A20 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Found this little interview =P
Thinking about this scene, it was a great scene(still watch it from time to time), but I wish it was longer and had better camera angles.

How was it filming your characters death scene?
HORRIBLE!!! The beach scene had so many re-writes and issues. They wanted Freddy’s claws to come out of the water and go right between my legs while I was laying on the beach. As you might be able to tell from the shot right before it happens my legs are quite spread. Then they wanted me to wear this prosthetic chest with boobs that looked horrible and he was supposed to slash me, I have photos of that somewhere.
Then the stunt girl didn’t show up so I actually had to go down in the sand myself. First when you are a woman sand goes in places you don’t want it to, then they had me wearing these goggles to keep the sand out of my eyes as I went under and it didn’t. My eye got scratched really bad from the sand. And Robert’s shoes kept pulling my hair.

https://indiemacuser.co.uk/2015/06/11/h ... nightmare/

Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Tuesday Knight on filming the quicksand scene in Nightmare 4

Postby dlodoski » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 am

A20 wrote:Found this little interview =P
Thinking about this scene, it was a great scene(still watch it from time to time), but I wish it was longer and had better camera angles.
.......Then the stunt girl didn’t show up so I actually had to go down in the sand myself. First when you are a woman sand goes in places you don’t want it to, then they had me wearing these goggles to keep the sand out of my eyes as I went under and it didn’t. My eye got scratched really bad from the sand. And Robert’s shoes kept pulling my hair.

My goodness. Darby O'Riley could mop the floor with this gal.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 am

A20 wrote:Found this little interview =P

HORRIBLE!!! The beach scene had so many re-writes and issues. They wanted Freddy’s claws to come out of the water and go right between my legs while I was laying on the beach. As you might be able to tell from the shot right before it happens my legs are quite spread. Then they wanted me to wear this prosthetic chest with boobs that looked horrible and he was supposed to slash me, I have photos of that somewhere.
Then the stunt girl didn’t show up so I actually had to go down in the sand myself. First when you are a woman sand goes in places you don’t want it to, then they had me wearing these goggles to keep the sand out of my eyes as I went under and it didn’t. My eye got scratched really bad from the sand. And Robert’s shoes kept pulling my hair.

https://indiemacuser.co.uk/2015/06/11/h ... nightmare/

It sorta proves that the people in Hollywood who know what they are doing don't know what they are doing.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:52 am

Also shows our ladies have the right stuff. :D

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Darby was the first one to pop into my head as well after seeing this. she was always so quiet but made out of wrought iron. Now that we have such an enormous base of institutional knowledge regarding the subject it's almost a shame that such scenes are no longer in vogue in Hollywood. This group could supply the worlds greatest technical advisers.

I always liked the scene but you can tell it is an improvised mash up of different cuts and different attempts. It does not surprise me to hear her say that it was a challenging situation.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Darby was the first one to pop into my head as well after seeing this. she was always so quiet but made out of wrought iron. Now that we have such an enormous base of institutional knowledge regarding the subject it's almost a shame that such scenes are no longer in vogue in Hollywood. This group could supply the worlds greatest technical advisers.

I always liked the scene but you can tell it is an improvised mash up of different cuts and different attempts. It does not surprise me to hear her say that it was a challenging situation.

In a sense we have already done that (to a very limited extent) with the pieces done with National Geographic, Vice Media, the Weather Channel, and RadioLab. Perhaps there have been others also.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Fred588 wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:Darby was the first one to pop into my head as well after seeing this. she was always so quiet but made out of wrought iron. Now that we have such an enormous base of institutional knowledge regarding the subject it's almost a shame that such scenes are no longer in vogue in Hollywood. This group could supply the worlds greatest technical advisers.

In a sense we have already done that (to a very limited extent) with the pieces done with National Geographic, Vice Media, the Weather Channel, and RadioLab. Perhaps there have been others also.

Yes there have been those and a couple of others. I was just thinking about mainstream Hollywood doing something about all of these near misses we keep having. :)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Fred588 wrote:

Yes there have been those and a couple of others. I was just thinking about mainstream Hollywood doing something about all of these near misses we keep having. :)

Keep in mind that for a mainstream flick the quicksand scene is always a very minor element. What is needed (I think) is for some story or concept that provides a situation where a quicksand scene, or seven, really fits. Or, better yet, one where the quicksand scene is a key element. In my opinion, the idea behind PsychicWorld could be that concept and so could the idea behind the Paula character (an ex fetish model who has acquired the ability to very quickly re-generate injured body parts). But someone of stature in the movie industry has to take notice.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:08 am

Fred588 wrote:Keep in mind that for a mainstream flick the quicksand scene is always a very minor element. What is needed (I think) is for some story or concept that provides a situation where a quicksand scene, or seven, really fits. Or, better yet, one where the quicksand scene is a key element. In my opinion, the idea behind PsychicWorld could be that concept and so could the idea behind the Paula character (an ex fetish model who has acquired the ability to very quickly re-generate injured body parts). But someone of stature in the movie industry has to take notice.

One possible concept is a slight variation on "The Blob" theme. A meteor crashes to the ground, with a living fluid-like creature inside. But this time, the living entity moves through the ground, flowing around soil particles, causing the ground to become quicksand wherever that living entity is. Basically, living quicksand, that hunts its prey by creeping under them, and then consuming them, growing as it feeds! :shock: The characteristics of the quicksand change depending on they type of soil that creature flows through. And, there is a cheerleader camp nearby! :twisted:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

A20

Postby A20 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:21 am

Boggy Man wrote:
One possible concept is a slight variation on "The Blob" theme. A meteor crashes to the ground, with a living fluid-like creature inside. But this time, the living entity moves through the ground, flowing around soil particles, causing the ground to become quicksand wherever that living entity is. Basically, living quicksand, that hunts its prey by creeping under them, and then consuming them, growing as it feeds! :shock: The characteristics of the quicksand change depending on they type of soil that creature flows through. And, there is a cheerleader camp nearby! :twisted:

Basically Tremors without the monster :lol:
Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

Return to “General Discussion”