I have a possible sinking spot in a surprising place.

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
eagertosink

I have a possible sinking spot in a surprising place.

Postby eagertosink » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:03 am

Right in my own backyard! I have a canal in my backyard, and it is currently dried up! The only issue is it's covered in vegetation, but when I tossed a rock in, I heard that delicious splat sound, so this is looking good. I probably cant use it, since i would be easily seen. There's lots of mud around where I live that's tempting, but there's always something stopping me :x

Bird320

Re: I have a possible sinking spot in a surprising place.

Postby Bird320 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:46 am

Why not check it out at night? Might as well!

quickman

Postby quickman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:05 pm

You definitely should check it out somehow. There was a time in my childhood I wish I had been brave enough to do. When I was 9 my family moved to a new area and there was wooded areas and a creek running thru it. My step father warned me not to go in the creek because I would sink. My sister exclaimed "Quicksand!". The new friends I made there even told me there was quicksand in there. So sometimes as I played and explored the area I would find some very soft spots along the bank. The texture was so loose and roly-poly and probing with my boot could tell it offered no resistance. Almost like stepping on nothing. I later learned this was silt. My heart would be racing though and I didn't dare put my whole weight down, let alone put both feet in. I knew this was the stuff that had me so paralyzed with fear as a child. "Quicksand", the stuff that would suck me down hopelessly to my death. Thinking back now, that I have conquered that fear, I wish that I had stepped into it.
So if there was an area close by me now, I would definitely find a way to explore it

The Kinkster

Postby The Kinkster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:30 am

is jealous
Wow man, that is SO kinked up.

Return to “General Discussion”