Any muddy spots in Alabama?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
The_Pirate33

Any muddy spots in Alabama?

Postby The_Pirate33 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:02 am

Hello everyone,
I have been a member for a little while and have yet to sink in mud but am very interested in experiencing the feeling of sinking up to your neck or even submerging for the first time. Only issue is, I do not know of any places near Northern Alabama.

Would anyone be able to assist me in finding a possible location? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mudxdresser

Re: Any muddy spots in Alabama?

Postby mudxdresser » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Not aware of anything in northern Alabama but there is a quarry that may have good mud in Huntsboro, Alabama.

The_Pirate33

Postby The_Pirate33 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:52 am

Thank you very much, I'll plan a trip accordingly. :) Any tips on quarry sinking?

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Don't get caught! And remember that there are many dangers at a quarry. Unexploded blasting caps. Large bore holes for explosives that were never used covered by underbrush. Unstable rock walls that may collapse. Water suction holes that drain one pond into another. Hunters and quarry workers that like to shoot anything that moves. Nasty flora and fauna. Actual quicksand covered by mud...

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:37 pm

I've always wanted to try an area in Joe Wheeler state park in northern Alabama on the Tennessee river. When the river is low it exposes acres of stuff that can be seen from I-65. Over the years it looks like there's probably a great deal of hidden area as well but it might best be approached by boat. There are lots of quarries in Alabama and it gets better as you go south. Quarries pose a lot of dangers and security risks as has already been mentioned. Proceed with caution.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”