Logistics of enjoying quicksand

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Southern64

Logistics of enjoying quicksand

Postby Southern64 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 am

So....I enjoy sinking in mud/quicksand....among other things, and it dawned on me that this "hobby," if you will, really isn't an easy one to enjoy outside of videos, pictures, and stories. I figured....only able to enjoy myself out there 5 months out of the year, and that's only if I find a good spot to sink into. Which, of course I haven't, except for one spot where I managed to get up to my thighs, and then promptly got bitten up by ants. And even if I do find a good spot where I could sink much deeper, if I'm covered head to foot in mud, how am I supposed to clean myself off? Then drive back home, covered in earth?

It seems like a lot of trouble foreading what it is, and I was wondering if anyone has good tips for locating a site, or anything else I mentioned. Don't be shy to tell me that you sympathise with me. :P

Duncan Edwards

Re: Logistics of enjoying quicksand

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Southern64 wrote:S.., how am I supposed to clean myself off? Then drive back home, covered in earth?

It seems like a lot of trouble foreading what it is, and I was wondering if anyone has good tips for locating a site, or anything else I mentioned. Don't be shy to tell me that you sympathise with me. :P

If you've been paying any attention at all to this group for the last few months, much less the last few years, you will have seen this and similar discussions repeated many times. Obviously proximity to water is important since that's what most folks clean up with. Look around for a pond, creek, puddle, etc and jump in. Carry a towel. Problem solved.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Boggyhoo

Postby Boggyhoo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:21 pm

I keep 500 liters in the car.

But I need new hose.

BH

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

There are a couple of similar topics in the General Discussion-part of that forum.

Some are these:
About sinking over your head: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13638

About getting really stuck: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13576

General Advice: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12755

About safety: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13040

And these are only the first 9 Pages or so and threads i answered.

About cleaning up: The only thing that has to be clean is your face and neck (parts of the body that other people could see). Even when the rest of you is muddy no one will notice because of your clothes. So just bring a bottle of water in case there is no brook or something similar nearby.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

quickbeard

Postby quickbeard » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Pump sprayer for lawn maintenance is under $20. Jiat I'll with water and don't get it mixed up with the one you have insecticide or herbicide in.

Return to “General Discussion”