Greetings and a Question

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Fitzwill

Greetings and a Question

Postby Fitzwill » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker and a first time posting. First I would like to say Hi to everybody! It's great to be part of such an awesome and helpful community, and this website is awesome!

Here's my (somewhat odd) question:

Now that the weather is starting to warm up :D I can't wait to get back to my sinking spot (once the water level goes down a bit). My spot is extremely thick, and I've never been able to find a bottom :twisted: but it does require a fair bit of working it with my feet to get to that point. Afterwards I have enough crud under my toenails to start a garden and I have the hardest time getting it out (sometimes it takes me a whole month to be able to dig it all out) :( Does anyone have any special tricks/techniques/tools they use that works well? My best attempts use toenail clippers and tweezers (after getting what I can with lots of soap and water of course)

Thanks in advance for any other ideas...

Fitzwill

mudfun

Re: Greetings and a Question

Postby mudfun » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 am

Wear socks..... or womens knee hi's.....
Looking for a real place to sink, Long Island, NY

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 am

Just do like I do, be dirty. I run a lot and my wife says I have repulsive looking feet anyway so it doesn't raise any suspicions when my toenails are black for while. Being cruddy for a few days won't kill you unless you eat with your feet. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

jadokast98

Postby jadokast98 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:46 am

You may try cleaning out the crud while taking a bath. After cleaning out your toenails the first time with that file and hook combo-tool. Keeping your toenails short is great for overall hygene too. If long toenails is your thing, a fingernail brush or an old toothbrush may do the trick.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:01 am

Here's an old trick: Fill the space under your nails with bar soap before you get dirty. Works for fingernails and grease, too. Then when you clean up, the soap washes away and takes the dirt with it.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Fitzwill

Postby Fitzwill » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Hey thanks guys! I hadn't had a lot of time to get back here to read your answers. I wish I had remembered to read them before I went out looking for more mud spots last weekend. An almost total bust by the way :( The spot I had in mind only was about knee deep at the most.

Mudfun ... The socks thing I've tried and it works pretty well, it doesn't get everything but it certainly helps!

Jadokast.. I'll try using that tool as I've seen that thing on my clippers a hundred times and never tried it (duh to me). :oops:

Duncan... Thanks but having crud stuck under there for a month or longer just doesn't quite cut it with me, sorry.

Nacht ... that's an interesting trick! I'm certainly going to try that one the next time!

I'm going to have to try all of these to see which one works the best for me, (or maybe a combination of them)

silkleotard

Postby silkleotard » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Wearing pantyhose or tights helps when you sink too

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:15 am

The original question is rather old, but...I'll jump in to not-very-shamefacedly confess that I'm one of those people who, after sinking, fail to even look at my toenails. I do take a bath, but I don't take any extra time to clean under the nail.

Last year, my fingernails were permanently black underneath as well.

Since my day job changed from "dirty ol' production where dust is a way of life" to "office casual in a pristine corporate environment", I have tried to be better about digging the dirt out.

Right now, though, they don't look all that good.

Nessie

stefani_tg

Postby stefani_tg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 am

silkleotard wrote:Wearing pantyhose or tights helps when you sink too

been there done that ;) keeps the worse of the muck off cos you can peel them off after but even wearin a couple or three pairs you still get the finer siltier muck everywhere and i mean EVERYWHERE! :o
sites n forums bout gals in quicksand cos guys luv chicks who are dirtee n wet!

;-D

abcde321

Postby abcde321 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:48 pm

You may use stream of water from some hose (for example, dismount nozzle from bath shower hose and vary the pressure obturating hose with your fingers) strong enough to wash it out.

Return to “General Discussion”