Ok, We're Up, But ....

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Ok, We're Up, But ....

Postby dlodoski » Thu May 09, 2024 11:30 pm

rhinodynamo wrote:So is this why my May AI post disappeared? I was worried I did something wrong.

Members are free to re-post stuff if they wish.

But yea, it's a weird and somewhat discomforting sensation to see familiar (oft visited) forums look unfamiliar.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Fri May 10, 2024 1:19 am

I wouldn’t begin to know how to manage a site like this, and although things were lost, there isn’t anything that can’t be said again if it is worthwhile. Chin up and move forward - thanks for having this site and everything you’ve put into it.

Jumpoff_Joe

Postby Jumpoff_Joe » Fri May 10, 2024 3:06 am

I'm glad we're back! Thanks again, Dave, for your hard work in owning, building, and developing this special gathering place for us similar-minded folks.

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:31 am

Oh my, Dave... you must have been (to use a British phrase) shitting bricks! :shock:

Thanks for holding everything together for us.

Redjak.

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 pm

By curious coincidence, yesterday my laptop told me that it would be a good idea for me to back up any files I didn't want to lose.

So, hour upon hour today I've been backing up my image files in two ways.

First, onto data sticks and also to Imagefap.

Members of that site can opt to store files privately so that no other member can see or access them.

The largest file size is 10 Mb, but you are allowed to upload up to a thousand images per gallery and no more than three thousand per day.

Very generous!

If things go as planned I should never have to face the prospect of losing any of the images I've created for this forum.

Nor any of the other images I use for raw material, ideas, backgrounds, foregrounds, etc.

I strongly recommend backing up your files, friends! :)

Thanks,

Redjak.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:38 pm

redjak6t4 wrote:By curious coincidence, yesterday my laptop told me that it would be a good idea for me to back up any files I didn't want to lose.

So, hour upon hour today I've been backing up my image files in two ways.

First, onto data sticks and also to Imagefap.

Members of that site can opt to store files privately so that no other member can see or access them.

The largest file size is 10 Mb, but you are allowed to upload up to a thousand images per gallery and no more than three thousand per day.

Very generous!

If things go as planned I should never have to face the prospect of losing any of the images I've created for this forum.

Nor any of the other images I use for raw material, ideas, backgrounds, foregrounds, etc.

I strongly recommend backing up your files, friends! :)

Thanks,

Redjak.

Backing things up is a wise choice, and not an expensive one either. For well under $100.00 you can get a 2 terrabyte, external hard drive. So, get two of those and put everything that matters in two places. For just over 300.00 you can now get drives of 18 or 20 terrabytes. Here at Studio 588, I have two different computers, each with two banks of five drives. One bank backs up the other. One of those sets of ten drives has 136T in total. And beyond that, all the end-result files are also on at least one cloud drive. I doubt there are more than two or three people here who actually need THAT much, but the point is "get it all backed up."
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Return to “General Discussion”