Sinking while high/intoxicated?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
steve84

Sinking while high/intoxicated?

Postby steve84 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:23 am

I'm in no way trying to encourage this, but I was just curious if anyone has ever taken anything (alcohol, weed etc) prior to a sinking/mudding experience? What was it like?

Forgive me if this is an inappropriate topic.

Once I had a few drinks because it was freezing cold and I thought it'd help me warm up.. but I dont believe that alcohol actually enhanced the experience in any way (and it didnt warm me up enough either! lol) I just clumsily ended up tripping over onto a bush and getting a few splinters in my hand whilst on the way to the spot lol

Hmmm... yeah cant actually imagine many , if anyone replying to this topic lol

Oh well, its out there now :D
"This one's for the ladies".... well I ain't no lady and I wanna see it! :D

Fred588
Producer

Re: Sinking while high/intoxicated?

Postby Fred588 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 am

steve84 wrote:I'm in no way trying to encourage this, but I was just curious if anyone has ever taken anything (alcohol, weed etc) prior to a sinking/mudding experience? What was it like?

Forgive me if this is an inappropriate topic.

Once I had a few drinks because it was freezing cold and I thought it'd help me warm up.. but I dont believe that alcohol actually enhanced the experience in any way (and it didnt warm me up enough either! lol) I just clumsily ended up tripping over onto a bush and getting a few splinters in my hand whilst on the way to the spot lol

Hmmm... yeah cant actually imagine many , if anyone replying to this topic lol

Oh well, its out there now :D

Can't say I have done that, but I have been involved in the rescue (I was a lifeguard) of one person who had too much before going into the water. Not a pretty sight. Filming a scene of a drunk in quicksand is one thing - being a drunk in quicksand would be quite another.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu May 10, 2012 3:18 am

I didn't even discover coffee until I was 46 but I do know that there are some of our number who have done this and apparently had an interesting time of it. It seems inevitable when you consider that people will do virtually everything else under the influence. This couldn't be any different from driving, flying, boating, dancing, hunting, going on a late night talk show, etc.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am

Strangely enough, something like this did happen to me years ago when I was attending college.

The neighborhood I was boarding in had a wetland right in the middle of this field, complete with cattails and the whole deal. I mean, within 50 yards of the edge of the marshy area was the main street, complete with sidewalks etc. and there was housing all around it. Around 2 am I was walking home in the rain from a party feeling no pain - courtesy of half a 40 oz of Black Velvet rye - and thought it would be cool to splash through it...

Big mistake... sank up to my armpits, fully clothed, in this blackish muck, no one around because everyone was sleeping. Took me ages to struggle out, an effort which caused me to puke a couple of times. Not pleasant. Had the fun of explaining - with a hangover and several pulled muscles distracting me - to the landlord about the muddy trail running down his hallway... not to mention getting that stuff out of my clothing. So I wouldn't recommend it.

On a happier note, I did find a cool sinking place to check out after dark.... once I was sober and better prepared, that is... ;)

quickbeard

Postby quickbeard » Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 pm

I imsgine it could be rather dangerous. I have wondered though the effect of "grounding and centering," on those who practice it.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 pm

I didn't even do this back when I drank.

Considering the volume of alcohol I was consuming by the time I finally gave it up for good, the fact that I would refuse to allow so much as a drop into my bloodstream while sinking because it deadened nerve endings and dulled my memory is a true testament to the power of the mudpit.

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri May 11, 2012 11:18 pm

For some folks, sinking in mud by itself is somewhere between intoxication and a religious experience.

quickbeard wrote:I imsgine it could be rather dangerous. I have wondered though the effect of "grounding and centering," on those who practice it.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:18 am

nachtjaeger wrote:For some folks, sinking in mud by itself is somewhere between intoxication and a religious experience.

Well said!

The only thing I was ever high on during one particular day of special sinking was coffee, caffine, and friendship... however, the coffee and caffine, in the long run, wasn't a good idea to consume (at least for me) if you're sinking in hot weather and you get dehydrated. It (the too much coffee) messed me up for the following day of sinking. So, my sinky partner and I made up for it by enjoying lunch and dinner together at the Holiday Inn I was staying at and watching Quicksand Videos by Kaol and MPV in my room. All the while, there was this swamp about a mile or so outside my hotel window beckoning us.

My sinky friend certainly had wonderful sinky places to go to during that special sinky day, and I returned the favor by treating her to lunch, supper, and the free coffee in my room. :D

Hmmm... okay, at least one correction... lunch on the special sinky day was picked up by her, supper that night was on me (I beleive), and lunch and supper the following day, I believe, was on me. I do know the coffee on both days was mostly provided by me, courtesy of Holiday Inn. :D

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 am

Something to be wary of is the fact that while alcohol SEEMS to make you "feel" warmer, it is actually COOLING your body down! So, if the mud/cleanup water/air is cold, you might become hypothermic without even realizing it, with potentially serious consequences! :shock:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat May 12, 2012 6:46 pm

water_bug_62208 wrote:It (the too much coffee) messed me up for the following day of sinking.

Sorry about that.

(slurp...gulp.)

To me, alcohol is a mind-altering drug. Caffeine is a necessary component of blood.

(ssssip!)

All the while, there was this swamp about a mile or so outside my hotel window beckoning us.

The site you saw was on posted property too. Your sinky partner found that out on her next visit. She saw a teeny weeny NO TRESPASSING sign on her way OUT.

Let that be a lesson to all mudpit owners: Signs that are the same color as tree trunks and spaced half a football field apart don't do a lot of good.

Fortunately, that isn't the only mudpit in the area.

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”