Which is better? (Tidal or River Mud)

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
mudman4

Which is better? (Tidal or River Mud)

Postby mudman4 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:19 am

The other day, I was driving through Missouri (who are going through one hell of a drought). I looked at some rivers/lakes and saw that their water level had gone down, leaving some nice looking mud. Some of you may know that I live in Florida, which has some kickass tidal mud. The question I'm asking is which is better? Tidal mud or river mud?
Where's the mud at?

maps

Re: Which is better?

Postby maps » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Where at in Missouri
"BLOOD WIL FOLLOW BLOOD
DYING TIME IS HERE
Damage incorporated"

mudman4

Postby mudman4 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 am

maps wrote:Where at in Missouri

St. Louis area. By the river, mainly.
Where's the mud at?

mudman4

Postby mudman4 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 am

kibosan wrote:as far as quality of mud, I would say tidal...but theres that damn annoying issue of drowning involved...

True. But how long does the tide stay down?
Where's the mud at?

Mynock

Re: Which is better? (Tidal or River Mud)

Postby Mynock » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:26 pm

The only time I was ever near a muddy tidal area it stank like a cooler full of rotten bait, so I'd have to vote river mud. Though in truth neither of them beat a quarry settling pit full of nice fresh clay. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Mike Nomic

Postby Mike Nomic » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 am

Mynock wrote:Though in truth neither of them beat a quarry settling pit full of nice fresh clay. 8-)

Absolutely. Indisputable.

dasandmann

Postby dasandmann » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:42 am

i may only be around tidal mud, but the spring fed quicksand at the ichthetucknie creek is the B-E-S-T!
ITS MY QUICKSAND!
AND I NEED IT NOW!
DEEP NOT SHALLOW!

mudman4

Postby mudman4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Mynock wrote:The only time I was ever near a muddy tidal area it stank like a cooler full of rotten bait, so I'd have to vote river mud. Though in truth neither of them beat a quarry settling pit full of nice fresh clay. 8-)

If only I could find some of that near me. :P
Where's the mud at?

Fitzwill

Postby Fitzwill » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 am

dasandmann wrote:i may only be around tidal mud, but the spring fed quicksand at the ichthetucknie creek is the B-E-S-T!

Nice! I've been there, and you aren't lying. I was there like 10 years ago and just walked on the shore of the creek until I found muddy spots. The only problem was there is a steady stream of people going down the river. I learned that the hard way. Here I am, like waist deep and this family floats by and asked if i needed any help. "nope, I'm good" as I smiled as they floated away. It was slightly awkward to say the least. Were the spots you found right on the creek as well? Know of any better spots you can clue me into that are slightly more private?

dasandmann

Postby dasandmann » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Fitzwill wrote:
dasandmann wrote:i may only be around tidal mud, but the spring fed quicksand at the ichthetucknie creek is the B-E-S-T!

Nice! I've been there, and you aren't lying. I was there like 10 years ago and just walked on the shore of the creek until I found muddy spots. The only problem was there is a steady stream of people going down the river. I learned that the hard way. Here I am, like waist deep and this family floats by and asked if i needed any help. "nope, I'm good" as I smiled as they floated away. It was slightly awkward to say the least. Were the spots you found right on the creek as well? Know of any better spots you can clue me into that are slightly more private?

PIIIISH! I WISH THERE WAS!!!
all i know is the area i was there were a lot of private houses. and at the time i went there i was younger (about 13), i only stuck my leg in. besides my PARENTS(!) were there. the only time i think it would be private during the winter. and i dont want to risk hypothermia.
ITS MY QUICKSAND!
AND I NEED IT NOW!
DEEP NOT SHALLOW!

Return to “General Discussion”