What started your fetish?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Re: What started your fetish?

Postby Lomax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't have a fetish - at least, that's not what I think of it as.

I had a phobia, which developed into a fascination; for many years, the idea that there might be a quicksand scene approaching would cause me to turn the TV OFF. Quicksand does not mean sex to me. It means melodrama; and a vague sense of unease when I feel that there's something non-human but sentient out there. Hard to explain, really.

I've never actually gone sinking, and never will.

Where did this come from? A combination, I think, of Tarzan's Deadly Silence, The Devil at Four O'Clock and Run Wild, Run Free - plus a family holiday in Ireland when I was six.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

Little Sim

Postby Little Sim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Interesting.
And you're always afraid or, now, you look at the scenes by fascination?
I think I understand what you mean. Sometimes, quicksands are just as something alive that want you and inevitably absorb you.

By the way, dasandmann, you ask but you don't say. What started it for you?
When the boy ask : "Where can I find mud?"
The man answer : "Follow the water."

So be the words of a wise quicksand fan.

dasandmann

Postby dasandmann » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:31 am

Honest to god i have no clue other than back in 2004. I did web search for quicksand, and about 3 pages in i found Quicksand Visuals, and from there it continued on.
The first actual video i saw was the original Devil Clown Krystal Quicksand video on youtube and that just accelerated my fetish to a whole new level. I believe around a year ago i found this form, but didnt have the capabilitites of my own computer. So i eventually joined earlier this year.
ITS MY QUICKSAND!
AND I NEED IT NOW!
DEEP NOT SHALLOW!

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:13 am

Some of the favorite adventure movies of my youth -- Krull, Never Ending Story, King Solomon's Mines... had very exciting and well done quicksand scenes, that just made quicksand out to be so mysterious and fun. Also somewhat scary but mostly mysterious and fun. I remember asking all my childhood friends about quicksand as much as possible to see if they knew anything about it. I looked it up in the encyclopedia again.. and again.. and again. Some kid at my school said he had a bottomless pit, like quicksand, in his backyard, so I asked him about it every day until he told me to shut up :)
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

quickbeard

Postby quickbeard » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:27 pm

I had three events occur at roughly the same time. I read Reader's Digest, quicksand, nature's terrifying death trap. I learned the map symbol for swamp, and would stare at the lower US map and just imagine living there. I also witnessed someone stepping into a recently re-filled trench that had been soaked by rain. Coincidentally, this also the time frame of my first practical joke. Dig a hole, fill it mostly with water, replace the dirt, then put your friend's flip-flops on your "trap".

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:49 am

well, my real fetish is damsels in distress, so for me quicksand is just one of many wonderful perils... i'm also partial to damsels tied to railroad tracks, buzzsaws, under pendulums, near bombs and gators...

as for quicksand specifically, i remember a brief clip where a damsel is sinking but is able to fire a pistol at an overhead vine so one end falls close enough for her to grab... and since i want my damsels to escape or be rescued from their perils, this was perfect :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

A20

Postby A20 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:05 am

Hmmm, I can't really remember which show or movie got me into it.. maybe it was the Nightmare on Elm Street 4 scene..maybe Beastmaster.
Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:12 am

I think I was born to the QS fetish. I remember making a "Barbie" type doll that we somehow had sink between the couch cushions so that GI Joe could rescue her. She had on a dress and spike heeled sandals. Now, I remember which couch that was- it stayed behind when we moved, and we moved out of that house before I started Kindergarten.

There was also an issue of "Boy's Life" that featured a quicksand rescue (male). Somehow that really got me interested in experiencing quicksand firsthand.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

miker1

Postby miker1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:15 pm

For me it started either with the scene with Lucille Ball sinking in her business suit and skirt, or the episode of the Flying Nun with Sally Field in her white habit going into dark quicksand. Whichever one I saw first I don't remember, but those are still two of my favorite scenes.

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 am

I
Last edited by spunkee311 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”