Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Mynock

Re: Wild pigs!

Postby Mynock » Thu May 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Wait......Bart are you from Europe? In that case don't worry man.....LOL When you said wild pigs I was thinking about 300-500lb feral hogs we have here in the States not actual wild boars. That's like the difference between a Poodle and a Pit Bull. You're fine man if they come near you just yell at them and throw stuff.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu May 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Mynock wrote:Wait......Bart are you from Europe? In that case don't worry man.....LOL When you said wild pigs I was thinking about 300-500lb feral hogs we have here in the States not actual wild boars. That's like the difference between a Poodle and a Pit Bull. You're fine man if they come near you just yell at them and throw stuff.

Yeah, what Mynock said.

Now I'm more concerned about how ya'll make big banging noises with no guns or fireworks.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu May 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
bart1997 wrote:Hmm, we have no weapons here and can't buy fireworks until new years eve (how do i store and effectively use these while already being stuck deep in the bog and with hands totally muddy ;) ?).
I don't want to be overrun by such a fellow, so it seems to be a better idea to skip that place till their young are a little bit older.
Lets say two or three months or something like that??

Just take a friend that is slower than you.

kham wrote:yeah, you dont need a .44 then, a .22 will do :D

Or a .25
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu May 23, 2013 6:22 pm

:D

1903 Springfield
Lee Enfield No.5
Mauser K98

If you REALLY want someone on overwatch, any of these would be ideal. Heck all 3 of these beauties, especially the Springfield would be great to get ahold of. Just in case there really are grizzlies roaming your favourite swamp :)

bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 pm

-
Last edited by bart1997 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 am

800lbs, one 28" tusk and one 19" tusk. Bagged by an eleven year old kid believe it or not. Pistol was described as a .50 caliber, so he dropped it with either a .500 S&W or a .50 Action Express.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogzilla

2_21_052507_MonsterPig.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--Sun Tzu

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 am

Mynock wrote:Wait......Bart are you from Europe? In that case don't worry man.....LOL When you said wild pigs I was thinking about 300-500lb feral hogs we have here in the States not actual wild boars. That's like the difference between a Poodle and a Pit Bull. You're fine man if they come near you just yell at them and throw stuff.

You've obviously never seen a European wild boar then. Keep in mind that American wild boars and feral hogs are descended from European boars that were brought over by early settlers. The European varieties can be huge; just as big as American boars (up to 600 pounds or so). While on a hike in Hungary, we came across boar hoofprints that were close to 6 inches in length, and we used to eat at a hunting lodge/restaurant that had enormous tusks mounted on the walls. They're generally not that aggressive if unmolested, but still not something to be trifled with.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri May 24, 2013 5:36 pm

I stand corrected.........damn thats a big piece of bacon. Their size really varies by region though so maybe he's safe maybe not. I'm officially out of my league now so I'll just shut up. :)
--Sun Tzu

Return to “General Discussion”