Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
quagmire_uk

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby quagmire_uk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:40 pm

DaBestNoobEver wrote:
quagmire_uk wrote:I'm curious about that wonderful picture... is that you, DaBestNoobEver?

Na thats my Gf :P

You are one very lucky person!

CurlyJ

Postby CurlyJ » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:10 am

Hey DaBestNoobEver! This is a totally cool idea you've started. Major props to you for thinking of it! If anyone has any markers they could add to the map for the Central to West New Jersey area (even in east PA near the Easton area) it sure would be appreciated. Thanks!

deltahat

Postby deltahat » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:25 am

Bumping this to the top.

I see this to be a valuable endeavor for the community to work on long term.There are currently 42 markers placed across North America. Is it possible for the Mods to pin the map link, or this topic, to the top of the General forum so it doesn't die of old age?

Swampficious

Postby Swampficious » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:36 pm

I have around Twelve UK sinking spots I know of.
Do you want me to put the best ones on, or is this only for the US?

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:54 pm

deltahat wrote:Bumping this to the top.

I see this to be a valuable endeavor for the community to work on long term.There are currently 42 markers placed across North America. Is it possible for the Mods to pin the map link, or this topic, to the top of the General forum so it doesn't die of old age?

I agree that this is a valuable resource for the community, but I'd like to suggest several alternatives to making this topic 'sticky'.

The most effective alternative IMO, is to place the link in your signature - along with a brief description.

Another way to promote the resource is to add to it and/or solicit for additions from time to time. Each of these efforts could have a new topic associated with it. Also, there are frequent requests for location tips. Each of these could be answered with a nod towards the map.

Yet another idea is to have a forum for approved links. But I don't like this for a couple reasons. First, the board has a lot of forums already. And second, it's very difficult to rank the link topics in order of importance and/or relevance. In fact, UMD is the best place to have a permanent link listing.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

deltahat

Postby deltahat » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:08 am

Swampficious wrote:I have around Twelve UK sinking spots I know of.
Do you want me to put the best ones on, or is this only for the US?

Please add them. I'm sure they will help someone here if you are willing to share.

Kerchoff2006

Stumbled Into Some Deep Mud

Postby Kerchoff2006 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am

Today was truly a random day indeed. On an outing with some friends to take a walk and see daylight for once we stumbled upon some mud flats. Turns out what we were walking in was the dried up pond and wetland beds. In fact the whole lake except a small portion near the docks was reduced to exposed mud. Very Exciting. It was a bit disappointing that I had so much company or I would have explored right there. The little testing I did revealed that the mud could easily suck you up to your knees and that is just the dryer parts. Now by now all are wondering....ok where it is already?" Well I don't know how long this lake will remain exposed mud but for those interested its located in Springfield Virginia. The lake is called Lake Accotink and is located within a public park Lake Accotink Park. http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&ie= ... 47256&z=11

Wish I had pictures to show :(

Anyway hope you all find some fun in this location. It is fairly public but It large enough that one could find a little privacy :D

Happy Sinking

TK421

Postby TK421 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Cool idea!! Got some going on right now. :)
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

DaBestNoobEver

Postby DaBestNoobEver » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 am

Glad to see people still adding spots, Its getting a bit cold here now, guess ill have to wait till next year!

Swampficious

Postby Swampficious » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am

Hey.
Added 3 or 4 spots in Nortumberland East Coast (UK) and one in Western Wales.
If I find any more, I'll add them on.
I had others, but not all were worth mentioning...

Return to “General Discussion”