Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Litigius

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby Litigius » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Good job with the new updates, Deltahat. The Virginia/DC/Maryland region is really a good area with the Chesapeake tides reaching so far up the Potomac and Patuxent. (The downside is having so many people living here!) Now all we need is some warmer weather!

deltahat

Postby deltahat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Certainly lots of people. I tried to find out of the way spots.

I noticed you updated Mason Neck State Park. Anything to report?

Litigius

Postby Litigius » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:50 pm

deltahat wrote:Certainly lots of people. I tried to find out of the way spots.

I noticed you updated Mason Neck State Park. Anything to report?

I just tried to add some helpful detail, although there's much more that could be said. I haven't been there since the summer, but I'm looking forward to going back when things warm up. So far, it's my favorite spot in the Washington area, for depth, ease of access, and privacy. I'm not sure about adding the wildlife refuge at Featherstone, across the bay (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 8&t=h&z=19). It may be even better than Kane's Creek, but the "Keep Out" signs posted by the Fish & Wildlife Service are a bit daunting. But it's an amazing place at low tide. Think I should stick it to The Man and post it anyway?

deltahat

Postby deltahat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:18 am

I'd add it. Just put a note about the signs on the map. Doesn't look like anyone could patrol it, especially at low tide. :)

I can't figure out how you would get there. Park at the VRE stop and bushwhack through the woods?

Litigius

Postby Litigius » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 pm

I've only ever gone there by kayak. I suppose it might be possible to make it through the woods, but what a battle that would be. But because you can really only get there by kayak or canoe, you could spend all day and not come close to seeing anyone else--which is remarkable for the DC area. At high tide, you can easily paddle all the way through with no problem. At low tide you have to get out and drag your boat through the almost waist-deep mud (which I admit, I've done). All of which is to say that I agree, the odds of it ever being patroled are vanishingly small. I'll post it on the map with the appropriate caveats.

sleazy_dwarf

Postby sleazy_dwarf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am

Good Idea!!

I've tried to post my locations to any who would like to follow me down!
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.2 ... 3&t=h&z=17
New Site:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.3 ... 3&t=h&z=19
explorered site:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.2 ... 7&t=h&z=20

All in/around Suisun bay, Fairfield Ca.

Cum sink with me!!

SD

arisumudvixen

Postby arisumudvixen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:41 pm

if anyone could tell me areas in the vacinity of the wasach front area of the state of utah, it would be appreciated, although i don't have a car -.-

Deimir

Postby Deimir » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:46 pm

My little blue dot looks so lonely on the eastern side of the state of Washington. There's another seasonal spot around here that I haven't been to in over seven years, so I'll have to do some searching to "pin" it down on the map.
dlodoski wrote:"Let us all put our health first and foremost. After all, what good is a sexual addiction if you're sick?"

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:05 am

OK gang, since I had to get a gmail account, I have now added my Nicks Lake state campground QS spot to the map.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

JBSwing

Postby JBSwing » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:42 am

DaBestNoobEver wrote:You should first log into your gmail account, the click my link. After that it will bring you to the map. On the left hand side there is a small edit button. Click that then you will be able to place markers. It seams as though there as been a few ppl adding spots already. I hope this works out well :) thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Alittle late to the party i know, but the link just shows as a small map upon being clicked. And theres no edit button at all. It looks like its a mobile map for a phone, am I just totally messing something up?

Return to “General Discussion”