Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
squidgybaws

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby squidgybaws » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Sorry, forgot to add that it's in Scotland, near Shotts.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:31 pm

looks like a drained reservoir, did u give it a try?

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:30 pm

That looks like a great place!

Two questions:
1. Anyone know if the Sinking map at the beginning of this thread ever gets updated anymore?
2. I've been exploring around eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania and wondering if anyone knows of good mud or might want to pool resources or collaborate on exploring?

squidgybaws

Postby squidgybaws » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:43 pm

gamwam wrote:looks like a drained reservoir, did u give it a try?

Yeah, it's a resevoir thats half empty, I didn't jump in lol. Bit chilly for my liking and the farmer was working in the field next to it so roll on summer! 8-)

jungleQSman

Postby jungleQSman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:49 am

Gre444gs wrote:
jungleQSman wrote:
Gre444gs wrote:Does anyone know of some good sinking spots in Massachusetts

great salt marsh part of sandy neck beach.....on the north and west sides of barnstable harbor

Well how about central Massachusetts?

dot know Central MA, I'm from the south coast origialy,
Its a drive but worth it...Im in CA ow.. I'd have to drive east to the Colorado river 4-5 hours away to fid anything or orth 8-10 hours to SF bay.....
CC is a couple hours at worst

mrcactus747

Postby mrcactus747 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 am

squidgybaws wrote:Saw this today, pity it was only 12 degrees and chilly!Forestburn120616 006.jpg

Say what, 12 degrees in JUNE??! I thought should have been warmer by now.

squidgybaws

Postby squidgybaws » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Brrrr! It was warm for a couple of weeks(23C) but the reser is quite high up, 600 feet above Glasgow, so when it's cold it's cold! Hopefully the sun comes out again soon but at least the rain stops it drying out!! :lol:

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 pm

mrcactus747 wrote:
squidgybaws wrote:Saw this today, pity it was only 12 degrees and chilly!Forestburn120616 006.jpg

Say what, 12 degrees in JUNE??! I thought should have been warmer by now.

Given the water is not frozen I think it is safe to conclude the 12 degree figure was in degrees C, which equates to between 53 and 54 F.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:38 pm

I finally had the sinking experience I've been waiting for. Went to an area with a dammed up river over the weekend, and since the water levels were low, there was mud everywhere! I was like a kid in a candy store! I explored around and found some slightly deeper areas that were fairly well hidden. So for the first time in my life I got to take all of my clothes off and get covered in all the soft gooey mud I could want, it felt so good. After I had my fun, I was just walking around naked (still covered in mud) under the trees without caring. Again, a new experience for me.

I eventually made my way over to the river and got cleaned up, until as I was walking along the riverbank, the mud went from hard to soft. I couldn't resist, I got myself covered in it again. I was a little more exposed this time, being along the river bank. But I was away from the main trail. Eventually some kayakers came by and I ran into the woods. It took a me a while to get all the mud off when I got home, but it was an exhilarating feeling playing in the mud then walking around still covered.

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:48 am

enerj29 wrote:Went to an area with a dammed up river over the weekend, and since the water levels were low, there was mud everywhere!

I mostly get my sinking locations by checking for quarries on Google and Bing Maps, but I've never thought to check for dams before. So I searched for dams near me and, lo and behold, not only did I find quite a few, but there is apparently one very close to me that's called, I shit you not, Mud Mountain Dam.
There's no fucking way this lives up to the INSTANT HYPE this place has just built for itself, but I'll be goddamned if I'm not gonna check it out like immediately.

Return to “General Discussion”