Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Duncan Edwards

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:35 pm

TheElaborateNeurotic wrote:Hey everyone. I just moved to Murfreesboro, Tennessee and I'm having a little bit of trouble finding potential spots near me. The only promising bodies of water I found or at least a two-hour drive from me and they don't look promising enough to warrant being on the road that long. If anyone could give me some leads on where to look, it'd be much appreciated.

Middle Tennessee? The state song is "Rocky Top" for good reason.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

TheElaborateNeurotic

Postby TheElaborateNeurotic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:12 am

Yea, I'm learning that reason the hard way. I know the lack of rain has made a difference but I seem to remember more bodies of water nearby last time I visited before moving.

I did find one potential spot at Radnor Lake, there's one part right off the trail that looks like a stream draining into the lake and depositing silt, but when I took a drive up there the other day to take a look around, it seemed like half the state was trying to get in so I ended up turning around and heading home. If anyone in the area has strolled the trails there, any word on whether it's something useable or if it's just Google Maps playing tricks on my eyes would be much appreciated.

Beyond that, everything looks to be either mountain lakes with no soil, or possibly muddy but way too close to civilization. The Mississippi River looks very nice but aside from most of what I see being close to public areas, it's a hell of a drive from me.

espioluvver

Postby espioluvver » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Thanks for the sinking map! :D It will definitely help in either choosing my next place to move or even just a road trip location! :D

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:14 pm

TheElaborateNeurotic wrote:Yea, I'm learning that reason the hard way. I know the lack of rain has made a difference but I seem to remember more bodies of water nearby last time I visited before moving.

I did find one potential spot at Radnor Lake, there's one part right off the trail that looks like a stream draining into the lake and depositing silt, but when I took a drive up there the other day to take a look around, it seemed like half the state was trying to get in so I ended up turning around and heading home. If anyone in the area has strolled the trails there, any word on whether it's something useable or if it's just Google Maps playing tricks on my eyes would be much appreciated.

Beyond that, everything looks to be either mountain lakes with no soil, or possibly muddy but way too close to civilization. The Mississippi River looks very nice but aside from most of what I see being close to public areas, it's a hell of a drive from me.

I once went skinny dipping in Radnor Lake with a pretty friend but that was about 35 years ago. Spent a lot of time there back in the day. Today it's perpetually surrounded by wealthy new comers to the area. Mick Jagger even posted a picture from the place to his FB page last year. If the Stones are taking side trips to a certain place then it's probably not what you want no matter what mud you might find.

You are going to have to go north, south, or west. North to Land Between the Lakes, South to the Tennessee River in Joe Wheeler State Park in north Alabama, west to the Tennessee River again or on to the Mississippi. It's a real challenge to pinpoint a spot. All you can do is find some place where a lot of earth and water meet and start poking around. One thing I can almost promise is that searching Middle to East Tennessee is great for rock, caves, moonshiners, white water rafting, and music but forget about deep mud/bogs/quicksand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

wesley2202

Postby wesley2202 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 am

I added this spot in the netherlands which lies in my hometown, thanks whoever wrote ''Better pics on here maps'' !
Just your average person in disguise.

archanonmud

Postby archanonmud » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Has anyone found any good locations in the GTA region of Canada? (Or near Oshawa?)

qsemergency

Postby qsemergency » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:13 pm

NY??? Can't believe NY still only has one location listed on the map LOL :D

mudfun

Postby mudfun » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:05 am

Yup...New York cant find any place
Looking for a real place to sink, Long Island, NY

Diremire1234

Postby Diremire1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:55 am

New to the board where regrettably, I don't see many posts. I have been trying very, very hard to get up with Boggy Man as I am living in Northeast Oregon ( Vancouver, Oregon was the closest option ) and would love to speak with him. DeepSinker, is this you? You are one pretty gal to be sure ( if not, she is very pretty ) and it is very sharing of you to initiate this. Has he ever responded to any inquiries you have made regarding location? Does anyone know? I am so very willing to make this trek which will require a Canadian passport, but that is the least of my concerns. I will have at least a week in late July or early August and have no idea whatsoever where to go, where to stay or anything. I cannot afford to just cruise around for a week and am desperate for some input. I have been doing this for a long time from Virginia to Utah and Arizona and know well of shall we say...the 'art'? However, with that being said, I am assuming the Okanagan Valley is rather large and he often speaks of logging which for me, could mean semi-mountainous or mountainous terrain. I do know that B.C. has a few Grizzlies around and wish to be nowhere near them. Short of that, I will go virtually anywhere, but I am in need of some guidance. I would respectfully request that anyone responding to your thread here knows that after having been at this for so long, I have one standard I wish to adhere to and that would be it has to be over-your-head deep. That in itself implies the excitement of it all. Still, after exposing myself ( no, no that way--using his videos with comments seeking help and guidance ), I have received nothing. I get it. Nonetheless, I am hoping he will see this and direct me to Crescent Road Pond...wherever in the hell that is. If it requires a PM, so be it, but I have no idea how to get up with him to send him one. I am 6'2", like him and in excellent shape, but I don't know if I will be able to keep a this forever. What he has shown us I am grateful for and only once ( Petersburg, Va.---Martz Industrial plant--quarry ) did I ever come close to anything as good as what he has found. The SOBs plowed it over thinking it was a public hazzard. Someone please help. My identical twin brother ( still in Virginia ) is going to fly out here and we both are gonna leave the wives for a bit to do this, so it is so very IMPORTANT!!!!!!! The Google map idea is great, but in Canada, I am likely to have one helluva time trying to locate anything without help. Anyone....someone????????????????????
From a strictly psychological perspective, is it not a return to the womb?

Diremire1234

Postby Diremire1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:58 am

Sorry if that was a response to DAbestnoobever. The link to eepsinker seems to be dead...at least from here. Thank you kindly
From a strictly psychological perspective, is it not a return to the womb?

Return to “General Discussion”