Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Diremire1234

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby Diremire1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:01 am

DaBestNoobEver, I do apoloize. I see it is your Gif. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
From a strictly psychological perspective, is it not a return to the womb?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 am

Diremire1234 wrote:New to the board where regrettably, I don't see many posts. I have been trying very, very hard to get up with Boggy Man as I am living in Northeast Oregon ( Vancouver, Oregon was the closest option ) and would love to speak with him. DeepSinker, is this you? You are one pretty gal to be sure ( if not, she is very pretty ) and it is very sharing of you to initiate this. Has he ever responded to any inquiries you have made regarding location? Does anyone know? I am so very willing to make this trek which will require a Canadian passport, but that is the least of my concerns. I will have at least a week in late July or early August and have no idea whatsoever where to go, where to stay or anything. I cannot afford to just cruise around for a week and am desperate for some input. I have been doing this for a long time from Virginia to Utah and Arizona and know well of shall we say...the 'art'? However, with that being said, I am assuming the Okanagan Valley is rather large and he often speaks of logging which for me, could mean semi-mountainous or mountainous terrain. I do know that B.C. has a few Grizzlies around and wish to be nowhere near them. Short of that, I will go virtually anywhere, but I am in need of some guidance. I would respectfully request that anyone responding to your thread here knows that after having been at this for so long, I have one standard I wish to adhere to and that would be it has to be over-your-head deep. That in itself implies the excitement of it all. Still, after exposing myself ( no, no that way--using his videos with comments seeking help and guidance ), I have received nothing. I get it. Nonetheless, I am hoping he will see this and direct me to Crescent Road Pond...wherever in the hell that is. If it requires a PM, so be it, but I have no idea how to get up with him to send him one. I am 6'2", like him and in excellent shape, but I don't know if I will be able to keep a this forever. What he has shown us I am grateful for and only once ( Petersburg, Va.---Martz Industrial plant--quarry ) did I ever come close to anything as good as what he has found. The SOBs plowed it over thinking it was a public hazzard. Someone please help. My identical twin brother ( still in Virginia ) is going to fly out here and we both are gonna leave the wives for a bit to do this, so it is so very IMPORTANT!!!!!!! The Google map idea is great, but in Canada, I am likely to have one helluva time trying to locate anything without help. Anyone....someone????????????????????

I replied to your pm. Sorry about the delay, but it took two evenings to finish it.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Diremire1234

Postby Diremire1234 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:08 am

Mine was longer! ; ) Great to hear from you. Absolutely wonderful!! TY 8-)

Diremire1234

Postby Diremire1234 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:49 am

I have added several locations with the ones in southern Utah ( spoken of earlier ) added. One place in Virginia I have also added that was great for 15 years, just haven't been back since ( but I do know they are still in operation ). Next endeavor should find a new marker in Colorado on the Dolores River. Stay informed, my friends!!!!!!!!!!!

Diremire1234

Postby Diremire1234 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 am

This is a picture I took while in Hite and suffice to say (as you can imagine) I had a whole lot of fun. Thank you!

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Here's one from the other side of the Colorado River from before they removed the Hite Marina.

Hite.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:48 pm

And while we're at it, here is a photo taken at the Tecopa Hot Springs playa showing how it sometimes looks if there has been enough rain. Not my photo, most of the mud had dried up when I visited. And before you pack your bags, what the photo doesn't show is all the biting flies that invest anywhere around there that has water standing.

Tecopa.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:45 pm

I've always loved that picture - it was one of the first I stumbled accross when I discovered the online community years ago - I wished so much I was the guy below getting pushed down

Diremire1234

Postby Diremire1234 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 am

Here's one from the other side of the Colorado River from before they removed the Hite Marina.

The scene is so natural, it's no wonder I love Hite. I would like to thank the moderators for allowing me to post that YUGE pic at Hite. I felt it really gave the viewer a 'sense' of the wildness and splendor of nature that is Hite. Mudxdresser, I love your pic as well. Thank you kindly, friend. Still, there is one place better and he who is 'its' guardian knows all too well. Respond if you think you know who you are. : )

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Anybody been to the mudpit at the quarry in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia lately? Been years since I've been there but from the Google satellite view it looks like there is still a mud area to the northwest of town over the ridge.

Hey, anybody remember David Sebastian? He used to live there and is the one that discovered that mudpit location.

Return to “General Discussion”