Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
DaBestNoobEver

Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby DaBestNoobEver » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:41 am

t has been talked about lots, and perhaps tried once or twice, but now given the last week and so many comments I decided to just go ahead and do it. ~ Read Below ~

Anyone that is a mud lover knows how hard it is finding new spots to sink into. We are always asking around checking out websites, to find the best spots in are location, or perhaps one we might be visiting. Its the same old drill every time checking all the forums and asking everyone where there spots are. Never having a centralized place to check. Well No longer shale that be the case, I have started a google maps that allows everyone to collaborate and share some of there best mud holes. Using marks to indicate what kind of spot it is, if its public, or seasonal you can now share and see mud lovers favorite spots. And all you have to do is have a GMAIL account ( very suggested to have one anyways)

I have taken the liberty in starting the map under the gmail account DEEPSINKER@gmail.com and added a few of my favorite spots I wanted to share. Im sure i will be adding more soon. Anyone can add there spot just by using the link and a gmail account below. After a week or so on the forum I will see what we can get, and even if im the only one adding spots. Ill make sure to keep people posted for nice B.C. mud

So without any further chit chat here is the link you will need to view and edit. In order to Edit you will have to have a Gmail account. So please lets make this filled with hundreds of dots filled with muddy goodness for the Sinker Everywhere. Hope you all like.

Peace,

DaBestNoobEver

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&ie= ... 47256&z=11

- Feel free to email any questions, comments or suggestions to deepsinker@gmail.com

DaBestNoobEver

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby DaBestNoobEver » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 am

You should first log into your gmail account, the click my link. After that it will bring you to the map. On the left hand side there is a small edit button. Click that then you will be able to place markers. It seams as though there as been a few ppl adding spots already. I hope this works out well :) thanks to everyone who has contributed.

mudfun

Postby mudfun » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 am

I would love to find a place on Eastern Long Isand.... Would love to get out ov my back yard sink hole to a real place.
Looking for a real place to sink, Long Island, NY

fashionzombie

Postby fashionzombie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:10 am

Thank you very much for this great idea. I am one of those people who have asked around if anyone knew of any spots. I have always wanted one singular place where everyone shares and I commend you for starting this. I hope it becomes a big hit.

I would love to contribute to this however I have yet to find even one spot. I have spent 3 months now going to over 15 different parks/forest preserves and what not and I've just about exhausted the areas I can think to look in. I am going to keep trying though however if anyone knows any spots around Rockford IL I would be very grateful.

In the past I have gotten a few recommendations and I either haven't tried them yet/they are too far away/or I was unable to find anything.

Thanks again for starting this.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:38 am

Thanks for starting this!

Not going to start another email account for just this one thing, but if anybody wants directions to "my" spot at Nicks Lake State Campground near Old Forge, NY, let me know and I will post or PM them to you. Real quicksand, on accessible public land, an easy walk from the parking area at the campground beach.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

DaBestNoobEver

Postby DaBestNoobEver » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:29 am

Well if anyone has spots but dosnt have a gmail, feel free to pm me directions or links to a google maps. And yes im hopping this dose work well. Even if i dont i plan on updating as much as possible. Thanks for all those that did and will help out :)

John

Postby John » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:38 am

Thank you so much for setting this up, it's great.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 am

I'm curious about that wonderful picture... is that you, DaBestNoobEver?

DaBestNoobEver

Postby DaBestNoobEver » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:16 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:I'm curious about that wonderful picture... is that you, DaBestNoobEver?

Na thats my Gf :P

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 pm

I was wondering for a while why there was no google map of good sinking locations yet... as soon as google maps' user content came out I thought of the great potential for our community :)
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Return to “General Discussion”