Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Tarzanwilde

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby Tarzanwilde » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:20 am

Firewind127 wrote:I don't have a car, I can't drive, I took an attempted scouting run while finally getting out for a walk, it's a 40 minute hike to get in from home and then I have to locate the spot still, and bug spray was on the list.

From when I was younger & didn't drive [back before the War [Crimean]], I used a bicyle with a rear rack, bungy cords, and a backpack on the back of the bicycle to get to many places. You have an effective radius of 20 miles {out & back}.

quicksander_2000

Postby quicksander_2000 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 pm

I will be in Grand Prairie for a week in the end of May...I'd love to talk more about this spot if you can....

TAP_bagan wrote:In Grand Prairie TX. there are great sinking spots off W Camp Wisdom Rd. Across the road from the Joe Pool Lake Spillway :D

Google Maps Link For Directions
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=W+ ... CB4Q8gEwAA

I lived in the housing area on the corner of Arabia and Gotland Dr. I had to walk strait throw the heart of it so I could get to the spillway to go fishing. That was about 7-9 years ago though and if your lucky you might find my old Safety-Rope Hidden somewhere or some old Mud-Boots.

Have Fun.
Seeking to sink, seeking to survive, seeking mostly to sink

veryzeppelin

Postby veryzeppelin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 am

gamwam wrote:Veryledzeppelin try the Essex coast, I grew up down there and there's mud everywhere, Thames, and coln estuaries and Hamford water are good places, as well as Walton backwater and canvey island, also plenty of gravel quarries down that way that were accessible, notably alreaford, like u I moved north to the East Midlands and since doing so haven't found a thing, that was 10 years ago :-/, uk geology is a funny old thin init

thanks but its allready an hour and a half to the north kent coast from the south coast
help i am not deep enough !!!

duncwa

Postby duncwa » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 am

Anyone in or near the SF bay area that is interested in going looking for quicksand/deep mud?

crow

Postby crow » Sun May 05, 2013 7:59 am

East Tx....

stefani_tg

Postby stefani_tg » Wed May 08, 2013 7:59 am

veryzeppelin wrote:
gamwam wrote:Veryledzeppelin try the Essex coast, I grew up down there and there's mud everywhere, Thames, and coln estuaries and Hamford water are good places, as well as Walton backwater and canvey island, also plenty of gravel quarries down that way that were accessible, notably alreaford, like u I moved north to the East Midlands and since doing so haven't found a thing, that was 10 years ago :-/, uk geology is a funny old thin init

thanks but its allready an hour and a half to the north kent coast from the south coast

yeah i somtimes drive into london on a13 which is long north side of thames n there are signs saying KEEP OUT DEEP MUD all long the road :D prob is its a motorway n it aint easy 2 stop plus dunno what police mite do if they invstigate a stopped car on hard sholder :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sites n forums bout gals in quicksand cos guys luv chicks who are dirtee n wet!

;-D

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stefani_tg

Postby stefani_tg » Wed May 08, 2013 8:18 pm

bart1997 wrote:I don't see a problem here,

there are plenty of footpaths, accessible from the minor roads to the south or/and west. Just use these and sneak away from the paths when no one else is around ;)

yeh dint see those other roads til i looked at google maps. they aint that obvious from the motorway :oops:
sites n forums bout gals in quicksand cos guys luv chicks who are dirtee n wet!

;-D

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:20 am

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows what the current situation may be with some of the locations posted up on google maps in the SoCal area? Particularly the Salton Sea location. I have a lovely lady that was to go sinking with me, and needless to say, I want to get a move on this ASAP. If anyone has any experience with this area or others in the SoCal or even Nor-cal areas, info would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to throw one little tidbit in regarding the Holiday Rock Quarry post, I highly recommend no one go there because those rock quarries are usually private property and usually those companies have security that patrol their quarries to keep out intruders because 99% of the time people steal shit. I have first had experience in this field because I work for a different rock quarry (won't say which) and if you're caught not only will you have a lot of explaining to do, but you will also be heavily fined, arrested, or both. Don't wanna rain on people's parade, but I don't want anyone here getting arrested either. Happy sinking :)
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:08 am

Hollywood_CGD, could you clarify whether you're talking about the Holiday Rock Quarry location in Palmdale, California or somewhere else? Alas, they have so many...

Quarrymen are indeed a rare breed, but indeed, quarries are where the really good mud is and, challange accepted, post your location, and more importantly, the depth and quality of your mud, we'll let you know what it was like...

Return to “General Discussion”