Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Conspiracy101

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby Conspiracy101 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 pm

mudxdresser wrote:Hollywood_CGD, could you clarify whether you're talking about the Holiday Rock Quarry location in Palmdale, California or somewhere else? Alas, they have so many...

Quarrymen are indeed a rare breed, but indeed, quarries are where the really good mud is and, challange accepted, post your location, and more importantly, the depth and quality of your mud, we'll let you know what it was like...

I'm referring to the Holiday Rock location off the 210 freeway above Rancho Cucamonga and Upland (You can find a tab for it on the link provided on the first page of this thread). I don't know the quality or depth of their mud, but as I stated before, this and other rock quarries are private property and I do not recommend breaking into any of them. (A busted chain link fence is still breaking and entering) However, I obviously cannot stop anyone so I only urge great caution considering mud in the quarry I work in can get extremely deep and is almost always very thick. Yes this means "ideal" sinking conditions, but again, this mud can be dangerously deep and should you get caught, you could face jail time or a hefty fine. I don't want to post my quarry's location as I do not want to promote breaking the law, tempting as it may be, but should you find yourself curious, simply googling SoCal rock quarries will turn up numerous hits and google maps should provide a fairly detailed overhead view. All in all, please be safe should you be daring enough to take this on.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:02 am

Yes, I agree southern California quarries have become quite a challenge because of all the problems they have from thieves. Had quite the experience in the last one I was in due to the dude with the night vision equipment trying to prevent the thieves from carrying everything off. Sign of the changing times really, California leads the way...

Only fools mess with a fence, if there is no way over or under, the correct way is a small cut that you wire back up when you depart. And, if the mud is not over your head in depth and thick, well, what's the point in going there? But again, I agree, those without the experience and physical condition to handle both are well advised there not to play...

Must sign off now and go and clean my gear from an expedition to just such a quarry...

mrcactus747

Postby mrcactus747 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:07 pm

sydneycarton03 wrote:i appreciate the effort. I know not everyone may want to share their spots, but if you can it would be a cool thing we can do as a community. I will add some of mine in ohio.

Please DO! I live in Cuyahoga County and I could travel if I have to as long as I can bring a buddy and there is lot of privacy. :)

Hope u had a good HNY.

Fitzwill

Postby Fitzwill » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm looking for any "places of interest" specifically on the Northeast coast of Florida. Anywhere from Daytona to Jacksonville. While I'm sure there's lots of places to look, my time is limited and specifics would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

mudfun

Postby mudfun » Fri May 02, 2014 9:46 pm

I am always looking but not havein any luck.... Eastern Long Island, NY
Looking for a real place to sink, Long Island, NY

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun May 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Long shot bit dies anyone know of anything in the uk, in the east mods area around the city of Nottingham? I've got limited travel capabilities and have looked on and off for a while with no results

Cheers

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon May 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Anyone know of sinking locations in Central NJ, Monmouth/Ocean Cty area? I know there are some spots considering the bays and waterways around here.

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed May 14, 2014 7:56 am

Found the holy motherfucking grail super close to where I live in Redmond Washington. Deep, thick, crust on top that you can walk on and hella suctiony below. Little wash-off area right next to it. Plus it's incredibly easy to get to. Might be willing to trade the location for another good spot, as long as it's not too far away, and is of similar quality. Seriously, this place is insane.

quicksand_for_life

Postby quicksand_for_life » Thu May 15, 2014 1:36 am

I know I saw either one or two sinking locations for Illinois but is there any more that anyone knows of in the state of Illinois? I live in the Central Illinois region so that would be more preferable but of course that's if it's possible. Oh yeah...and if anyone knows any sinking locations in the Central Pennsylvania region then that would be great too as I'm originally from Central Pennsylvania. If worse comes to worse then I can drive a longer distance just to find a good sinking as I don't mind driving.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu May 15, 2014 4:47 am

quicksand_for_life wrote:I know I saw either one or two sinking locations for Illinois but is there any more that anyone knows of in the state of Illinois? I live in the Central Illinois region so that would be more preferable but of course that's if it's possible. Oh yeah...and if anyone knows any sinking locations in the Central Pennsylvania region then that would be great too as I'm originally from Central Pennsylvania. If worse comes to worse then I can drive a longer distance just to find a good sinking as I don't mind driving.

If you had been around here a few years ago you would have seen several of us spending time with Chuck Lang in southern Illinois around Chester. Email me at duncan.edwards036@gmail.com for details if you like.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”