Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby 101927700 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:09 am

tomuk4444 wrote:Hi new to this forum, does anyone know of anywhere near London, UK or the south coast where I can sink into the mud/clay/bog?

I'm American, but I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube of people getting stuck in Essex estuary mud. That might be a good spot.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:51 pm

I do know where the mud is...if you happen to be in NE Florida. NE Florida has some of the best mud that can be found anywhere in the country. I know where there's mud if you happen to live in San Diego as well.

jungleQSman

Postby jungleQSman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:23 am

Sinkman61 wrote:I do know where the mud is...if you happen to be in NE Florida. NE Florida has some of the best mud that can be found anywhere in the country. I know where there's mud if you happen to live in San Diego as well.

I'm in San Diego,,,, where is there mud QS?

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:16 am

jungleQSman wrote:
Sinkman61 wrote:I do know where the mud is...if you happen to be in NE Florida. NE Florida has some of the best mud that can be found anywhere in the country. I know where there's mud if you happen to live in San Diego as well.

I'm in San Diego,,,, where is there mud QS?

Yeah where is this?

Postby 101927700 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:09 am

Anyone know of any good sinking spots within about an hour's drive from the Oregon-Idaho border? I've found some spots, but at deepest they only go up to about just over my knees. Then there's Lake Lowell near Nampa, which might have some nice shore mud, but I'd imagine the bug situation down there is horrible...
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:08 am

101927700 wrote:Anyone know of any good sinking spots within about an hour's drive from the Oregon-Idaho border? I've found some spots, but at deepest they only go up to about just over my knees. Then there's Lake Lowell near Nampa, which might have some nice shore mud, but I'd imagine the bug situation down there is horrible...

How about the Snake River, but south of the string of reservoirs, since the reservoirs have raised water levels because of dams, and north of those reservoirs, the shorelines look rocky, but to the south, it looks muddier. But, you have to find places out of sight of the roads, and go later in the season when the water levels are low. A starting point would be from east of Huntington, south. Follow the river from the following Google Maps link southward, paying attention to the darker, smoother parts of the shorelines, and anything that may hide any areas from the nearby roads:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.3618368,-117.2178093,779m/data=!3m1!1e3

For example, I wonder if the line of bushes are enough to hide this interesting looking spot from the train tracks and Olds Ferry Road:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.3158282,-117.2005309,205m/data=!3m1!1e3

But, as I mentioned, you would have to wait until later on in the season for the water levels to drop and expose the mud.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

jungleQSman

Postby jungleQSman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:13 pm

still hoping to hear where this is in San Diego...

hiimawesome

Postby hiimawesome » Wed May 18, 2016 5:25 am

I just moved down to Santa Barbara County in California, and I guess I'm not the only one having a helluva time finding stuff. I did some digging of my own on google maps and in person and it seems that either A: the area has bear problems or B: the area has bear problems or C: the area is incredibly shallow.

I thought that with the drought, dried lake beds would make incredible finds - now it seems that even the Salton Sea mudpots are dried up. Any help? Or anyone who can point me in the right direction?

I wish beaches had quicksand. :|

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Sat May 28, 2016 12:46 pm

The Salton Sea mudpots are unlikely to be dried up, you probably went to the easier to reach ones at the intersection of the two dirt roads with the building to the east of 'em. The newly emerged mudpots are on the shore of the Salton Sea to the east of where the river runs into it. They are hot and very difficult to drive to if there has been any rain at all. Some of them might require a canoe or kayak to reach. They can be seen on Google satellite view to the northwest of the ones you probably went to.

hiimawesome

Postby hiimawesome » Sun May 29, 2016 11:32 am

The Salton Sea mudpots are unlikely to be dried up, you probably went to the easier to reach ones at the intersection of the two dirt roads with the building to the east of 'em. The newly emerged mudpots are on the shore of the Salton Sea to the east of where the river runs into it. They are hot and very difficult to drive to if there has been any rain at all. Some of them might require a canoe or kayak to reach. They can be seen on Google satellite view to the northwest of the ones you probably went to.

I had meant to edit my comment, when driving through the area I looked up photos of it and the most recent ones were of a dried area. I did not realize how huge it was.

Return to “General Discussion”