Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
DeepSink

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby DeepSink » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 am

Hello everyone! I'm very new to QSF, and would like a chance to get to chat with you folks soon. I feel as if I've been isolated on this subject all my life, and have so much to ask and to share! Meanwhile, I'd like to tell you about my favorite mud sink site in Southwest Washington state, USA. I was able to add it to the Google map. Here are the details of the site; if anyone is interested in trying it out (or sharing it with me!) If asked, I can provide good driving directions, or even :mrgreen: a guided tour of the spot!

Mud Consistency: AWESOME! Very creamy and slippery, very little debris to detract from the pleasure. :P
Privacy: Almost zero chance of detection, once you’ve waded out to the deepest mud. That means no embarrassment :oops: , and naked sinking, which is my strong preference. :twisted:
Depth: As deep as I want –vertically, which is another preference for me. I sink to my crotch with the first couple of steps; it’s a challenge to even pick my way to the deepest parts. With little work I can get up to my chest. A bit more effort gets me up to my shoulders. When I’m willing to work at it, I can get in over my head, and deeper. But it takes some churning, and a breathing tube. :D
Temperature: Varies, but this is definitely a summertime location, being in SW Washington State. On a warm (or even hot) July or August afternoon, the sun shines down directly into the middle of the sinking zone, warming it nicely. If I sink deep enough to get to the cooler mud below, I can warm up again by laying, naked mud-covered, in the sun. I like the feeling of the mud drying and cracking on my body.
Cleanup: This sink site is alongside a tributary of the nearby Columbia River. Since it’s only 80 miles from the coast, the mud is only exposed for a few hours at low tide. That means I hit it on the outgoing tide, and have 2-3 hours of glorious mudplay before the tide comes (gently) back in and refills it with fresh (not salt) river water. I get to go for a fresh-water swim to clean up.
Accessibility: It’s right next to a state-route highway and down an embankment, so it’s very easy to reach. Foliage and the layout of the place make it impossible to see the main part from the road, however, giving it the perfect combination of ease of access and complete privacy.

Best Regards and Good Sinking! ==DeepSink
Last edited by DeepSink on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

benmetal

Postby benmetal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 am

How has Mud Bay (in Olympia WA) not been added to this map yet?

Seriously. It's actually called MUD BAY.

Used to go there all the time before moving to Seattle. Now there's a few places in Marysville that's closer. But yeah, more love for WA.

DeepSink

Postby DeepSink » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:36 pm

[quote="benmetal"]How has Mud Bay (in Olympia WA) not been added to this map yet?

I've driven past it many times, and can't help staring as I pass. I swear, just looking at that place gets me hot and bothered. Does not appear very private, though. Do you know from experience if there are any parts of it that would allow nude sinking without detection and persecution? If there's a private area, I will be adding it to my itinerary for my sinking vacation thus summer. -DeepSink :twisted:

benmetal

Postby benmetal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 pm

DeepSink wrote:I've driven past it many times, and can't help staring as I pass. I swear, just looking at that place gets me hot and bothered. Does not appear very private, though. Do you know from experience if there are any parts of it that would allow nude sinking without detection and persecution? If there's a private area, I will be adding it to my itinerary for my sinking vacation thus summer. -DeepSink :twisted:

There's a couple of places that are sort of blind spots that I've done during the day, but most of it is pretty out in the open and visible. I usually just went after dark, never had any problems. But yeah, low tide and summertime obviously.

DeepSink

Postby DeepSink » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:35 pm

[/quote]There's a couple of places that are sort of blind spots that I've done during the day......[/quote] Can you describe whereabouts those blind spots might be in relationship to the bridge and highway?

chefothefuture

Postby chefothefuture » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:52 am

benmetal wrote:How has Mud Bay (in Olympia WA) not been added to this map yet?

Used to go there all the time before moving to Seattle. Now there's a few places in Marysville that's closer. But yeah, more love for WA.

Oh yeah? Do tell :-)
Snohomish County does have some good spots, but more are all ways appreciated.
My place on Lake Roesiger has OK peat when the lake is down and the neighbors aren't looking (well they're used to me sort of....). Clean up is essential do to the itchies (worth it tho...)
Further north and west at the mouth of the Stilly (Stanwood), there were some "Danger" signs as you crossed the slough to Camano Island, but I never had a chance
to investigate. I asked a friend about it and she did use the Q word LOL! Did not look all that private any way.

cheers,
chefo

DeepSink

Postby DeepSink » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 am

jungleQSman wrote:Hey there...
would love to get out to the Salton sea mud volcanoes soon!

any one out there in So CA? would love some more info...chatted with a guy a while back but hes back east now...

would love to plan a trip...

Hey jungleQSman (or anyone else who may know something about the "Mud Volacanoes" at the Salton Sea in Southern California:
Can anyone tell me more about this spot? From the photos available in "maps" it looks awesome! What's the texture, though? Creamy, gritty, etc..?
And how about the thickness....can I sink in over my head? Would appreciate any info, as I am planning a trip this summer strictly to visit sinking sites, and am working on my itinerary. Thanks in advance, DeepSink :twisted:

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Thickness will vary, might be possible to get in some of the larger ones. Mud temperature is sort of cool. Make sure you have located them first on Google Maps and print it out, not all that easy to find otherwise.

If you're driving far, prepare to be disappointed. You might well do better at Lake Mead on the way than here.

If you keep going there are somewhat similar hot mud volcanoes below Mexicali but the mud is very gritty and sulphurous.

Also along the way, there is sometimes mud in the Livermore and Tracy areas of California.

Scarol

Postby Scarol » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:06 pm

I wonder if there are some sinking spots in the Netherlands, I thought I just saw some in Friesland and near between Hilversum and Amsterdam.
Can anyone help me finding sinking spots in the Netherlands?
Work to live....or live to work...

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”