Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Subdudewithrope

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby Subdudewithrope » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:27 am

There is a good place at the back of Eagle Creek north of St Augustine FL. At low tide there is a lot of deep silt/mud to sink in. Some oyster beds but they can be avoided. Best time to go is low tide in the early fall. Good temperatures and not many bugs.
My favorite five words
"Now get out of that!"

marcl

Postby marcl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:51 pm

bart1997 wrote:
stefani_tg wrote:
yeah i somtimes drive into london on a13 which is long north side of thames n there are signs saying KEEP OUT DEEP MUD all long the road :D prob is its a motorway n it aint easy 2 stop plus dunno what police mite do if they invstigate a stopped car on hard sholder :o

I don't see a problem here,

there are plenty of footpaths, accessible from the minor roads to the south or/and west. Just use these and sneak away from the paths when no one else is around ;)

I recently had a chance to investigate this. There is a public car park nearby, to the South off of Coldharbour Lane, and a footpath that turns into a boardwalk leading into the area.

Unfortunately, there is a large fence with warning signs blocking off access from the South, and to get to the muddy areas from the footpath, you will need to cross a fairly wide and probably quite deep water-filled ditch.

I'm hoping I'll get a chance over the winter (when the dense vegetation has died back a bit) to go back better equipped, and explore what is beyond the ditch.

Postby 101927700 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:57 am

I've noted 5 potential swamp areas in my area, which look like good candidates on Google Earth.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

gluednylonfeet

Postby gluednylonfeet » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:34 pm

quicksand_for_life wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:
quicksand_for_life wrote:I know I saw either one or two sinking locations for Illinois but is there any more that anyone knows of in the state of Illinois? I live in the Central Illinois region so that would be more preferable but of course that's if it's possible. Oh yeah...and if anyone knows any sinking locations in the Central Pennsylvania region then that would be great too as I'm originally from Central Pennsylvania. If worse comes to worse then I can drive a longer distance just to find a good sinking as I don't mind driving.

If you had been around here a few years ago you would have seen several of us spending time with Chuck Lang in southern Illinois around Chester. Email me at duncan.edwards036@gmail.com for details if you like.

I moved to Illinois about a year and a half ago as I met my boyfriend online and he's from Illinois. I'm still rather new to the state but my boyfriend did tell me about Chester all because of the Popeye museum being held there and I saw on the map that there is a sinking spot nearby the Popeye museum so that could give me a chance to find a sinking spot. I'll be sure to email you if I ever need any details. :)

From North Central Illinois here, I remember there used to be some great muddy areas and clay pits around Ottawa/LaSalle Peru along the Fox and Illinois Rivers. No actual quicksand that I recall but definitely some great sticky muddy spots.

domman00016

Postby domman00016 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:43 am

Hi everyone. I am currently living in Ohio and really want to find some deep mud and or quicksand but don't really know where to start looking. I was hoping for some advice on where to find quicksand and common places it could be found. :D

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:10 am

domman00016 wrote:Hi everyone. I am currently living in Ohio and really want to find some deep mud and or quicksand but don't really know where to start looking. I was hoping for some advice on where to find quicksand and common places it could be found. :D

Quarries, man. Fuckin' quarries. And in most cases, they're totally abandoned on Sundays, so you can go in the middle of the day. Check your area on Google Maps, and turn terrain view on if it's not already. Zoom out a little bit and look for large non-wooded patches, as these are often quarries. Or, if you happen to know of one anyway, even better. The one near me happens to be right on the edge of a city widely known for tech companies, and every time I think about how close it is to civilization I laugh, because it's still so private.

Anyway, once you find a quarry, find the pond that every quarry has. This is the promised land.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:57 am

Null
Last edited by Jon Smith on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Fri May 01, 2015 3:11 am

Null
Last edited by Jon Smith on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

muddypup

Postby muddypup » Sun May 03, 2015 12:13 am

Jon Smith wrote:I marked a spot in Oregon, I have a fetish for sinking wearing nylon raingear and life jackets, if you visit, I am looking for more junk rainwear for the mud, if you have any that you plan to dispose of, I would like it. (I like nylon best, polyurethane second, pvc third, and polyester forth, and color doesn't matter. but I would appreciate any rainwear at all.) I would like to talk more about this but it's slightly off topic.

This spot consists of mud, leaves, and silt. It is by a millpond and has mud that is 4ft deep (about 1.5 meters). I have never had visitors at my spot before, I may be around on certain weekends and certain days of vacations, like summer. It is a good spot if you don't want to be seen.

good to hear im not the only one who likes to wear life jackets while sinking!

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Tue May 05, 2015 2:20 am

muddypup wrote:good to hear im not the only one who likes to wear life jackets while sinking!

I would love to discuss this with you then!
Last edited by Jon Smith on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”