Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
DaBestNoobEver

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... With your help??

Postby DaBestNoobEver » Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 am

YerKiddin wrote:
DaBestNoobEver wrote:
quagmire_uk wrote:I'm curious about that wonderful picture... is that you, DaBestNoobEver?

Na thats my Gf :P

TBNE: You have a HOT and happy gf! :-) (and I envy you a bit for finding a gal that will play in the mud with ya!)

Yepers lol, godda keep em happy lol. Thanks for the complements though. Where hopping to have some new shoots this summer. :) So keep posted. I have a nice new camera too :)

muddypup

Postby muddypup » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:54 am

well seeing as how this is the thread for sinking locations and all, i am wondering if anyone here knows of any good sinking locations in the Drumheller, Alberta area? i am planning a trip there with a friend of mine soon and i am wondering if anyone has been out there and are willing to give up some good sinking locations ^^

YerKiddin

Re: Sinking Locations For Everyone... suggestion!

Postby YerKiddin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:35 am

Okay. Long ago, on another forum, I tried to tell people about where I knew the mud was. I haven't played anywhere in over 15 years, so I don't know anymore, but I did have an idea, long ago, that I thought might still be good.

Here's a list of things I would address when I typed about mud locations, long ago (with a scale of 1 to 10)
Parking (legal place handy to park a car so that it would maybe be there in one piece when you got back? 1=no, 10=certainly!)
Access (mud will be a serious hike or climb from the car = 1, mud right there = 10)
Privacy (People walking at the edge of the mud = 1, certain to be out of sight from everyone = 10)
Depth (ankle = 1, bottomless = 10)
Cleanup (bring your own water = 1, free shower available = 10)
Thickness (watery & easy to swim in = 1, must work to sink at all = 10)

One last bit, something I didn't think about before, but it might also be important (if you know) to tell the status of the land.
Is it:
Public?
Private?
No Trespassing?
Posted?
Military base?
(I, for one, won't go anyplace anymore that has a "no trespassing" sign, and wouldn't dream of entering posted or military property)

YerKiddin

Postby YerKiddin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Okay. I now know where in England I would like to go. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmbmP5LsIQ&NR=1

mvk_nl

Postby mvk_nl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:54 am

Hello,

I Live in The Netherlands, and the idea for the sinking hole markers at google earth is realy great!!

Hopefully someone can put some markers on the map for the Netherlands.

I am looking for a while to find a nice place but still didn't find one too bad.

Suggestions for me to find a place a really welcome.

Regards from The Netherlands.

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firewind127

Postby Firewind127 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:16 am

Hi, Maryland fox here, I'd like a little help locating someplace around Baltimore for sinking, preferably close to the Sparrows Point area. I'd really really like to try out sinking in mud or quicksand or just about anything but manure, but I've yet to have the opportunity.

deltahat

Postby deltahat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:52 am

I'd check out North Point State Park just east of Sparrows Point. The park map shows some areas labeled as "marsh" and Shallow Creek looked promising on the satellite imagery - especially the northernmost inlet.

The Chesapeake bay is tidal, so any place where a stream flows into the bay or the water cuts deep into the land is a good candidate for mud. The only way to find out is to go there.

Firewind127

Postby Firewind127 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:10 am

This will be my first time, can anyone make me some suggestions for going out, and what kinds of things to look for?
Also, if I do go out, I'd like to bring back accurate results, what should I be rating the sinking spots on?
Can someone tell me the things I should bring with me, besides the most obvious change of clothing? I'm still timid and also need to be able to get home looking as if nothing happened, this little kit still lives with it's family. :( I'm probably walking too, won't be able to carry much. I'm sure I could figure it out on my own, but I want to get some tips and pointers from those that have done this before, make sure I don't go and do something stupid.

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Just posted a couple more spots along the Red River just northeast of Wichita Falls, TX. Still haven't found any good deep mud here, but there's some fun shallow spots to play in!

Return to “General Discussion”