Help :-/

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
gamwam

Help :-/

Postby gamwam » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi guys, I used to be a farely active member of the community but things have changed over the last few years, I grew up in the south east uk on the coast and spent most summers sinking and wallowing in the many marshes, bogs, gravel pits ect that can be found down that way, at the time I took it for granted, that was a mistake

10 years ago I relocated to the east mids Nottingham area of the uk to be with my partner, - I automatically assumed it would be simple to find deep mud, but I was very very wrong! For some years now I have searched and searched the area and found nothing, I have all but given up on sinking and have tried to put it out of my mind.

This beautiful summer weather we are having here with temps approaching 30c daily has really made me want to find somewhere to go and enjoy sinking, maybe it's because I can't use the weather as an excuse not to go, but again I am coming up against a brick wall when searching the surrounding area.

My problem is that I can not drive, and have to rely in getting around on the metro, or on my bicycle - so I can only travel as far as my legs (or wheels!) can carry me, and when u live right in the middle of a large city, it's takes all the effort you can muster just to reach the edge of it.

The region here seems to be devoid of quarries, marshes, bogs ect, at least the area I can get to is.

I was just wondering and having a stab as a last ditch attempt to see of there is anyone around the midlands uk area whit a car who fancies a sinking and exploring buddy for the remainder or the summer, I'm a gay man, but I honestly couldn't care who I go with, man woman gay straight for me it's all about the sink.

If there is someone around the region ill do everything in my power to get to you/meet you half way ect, and then if you have a car we can use that to go off and find places to sink - I am very good at finding deep mud where it exists, after years of sinking and exploring down south I've developed a nack for finding the stuff. So I could be a real asset to anyone in the region looking to find a sinking spot

I know it's a long shot but if you do exist out there please feel free to message me

Thanks guys

gamwam

Re: Help :-/

Postby gamwam » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:50 pm

I get the distinct feeling this post might be a bit of a dead loss lol :-/

QuickSinker

Postby QuickSinker » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Gamwam, I know just how you feel, except my feels are upside down since...Australia, and all.

andy85

Postby andy85 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 pm

I sent you a PM but you chose to not respond

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Andy85 I don't seem to have a pm from you in my inbox, I just have not got it as I have never deleted any of my messages on here

andy85

Postby andy85 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I have tried on a number of occasions to make contact and set up meetings with you all have ended in nothing taking place.
I also know a number of other 'sinkers' have done similarly with the same result. this could be the reason you're meeting with a quiet response to your request. I am in earnest, I would like to set something up with you - the balls with you

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Andy85 I don't seem to have reviewed any messages or emails from you, did I reply to any of the past messages you have sent me? Did u use a different email address? It is true that I have been contacted in the last by a couple of other people in the last but there have been reasons why nothing has come from it, - nit just my ignorance as your message sugests

andy85

Postby andy85 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi Gary
I was not suggesting that you were rude/ignorant in any way. I cannot know why you didn't respond to others or my messages. There are very many reasons why this happens not involving manners. Apologies if you felt I was suggesting this , I was merely stating my experience of trying to set up a meeting with you.
I admit i was disappointed but not insulted
Andy

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Well andy85 the easiest thing would be of you pm me again and then we can establish weather it is down the pms not getting through that you never got a response, when you originally pm me did I reply? I usually always do

andy85

Postby andy85 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Just sent test pm

Return to “General Discussion”