thyladras02

Re: Is is really dangerous or am I just lucky

Postby thyladras02 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:48 pm

they just do'nt know how to get out xD

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:00 pm

crazygameplaner wrote:So I am getting ready to check out another mud spot this week and in the process of researching it found several mud "rescues" that have taken place in the area. Turns out people need rescue all the time from the mud.

So my question is: Is it really that possible to get stuck and need professional rescue or am I just lucky. The 100's of times I've been in the mud (even neck deep) I've always been able to self-extract.

Anyone have any thoughts on why so many people (most only stuck waist deep) need rescue?

The most likely explanation is either very poorphysical fitness or they are stuck in sand that has locked up.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:30 pm

It's true, non mud folk try to drag there knees up resulting in them just becoming more mired and to tired to get out, - they just don't know what there Doing!

I grew up in a town surrounded by mudflats!, people were always getting stuck and rescued, usually holiday makers! even experienced fishermen managed to get stuck (probably more the result of wearing heavy wellies or waders!) - however I played in those flats sinking completely under - vertically from the age of well, 10 years old or so? Right up untill adult hood, I even went in head first diving from nearby rocks deep into the mud, and I never once got stuck!

Think some of it can be related to what someone is wearing on there feet at the time though :-/

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:33 pm

crazygameplaner wrote:...Anyone have any thoughts on why so many people (most only stuck waist deep) need rescue?

They had sole.

(Shoes and Boots)

Tight beach shoes are best for sinking in natural areas. They protect the feet but do not allow for much more suction than bare feet would incur.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Litigius

Postby Litigius » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 pm

One thing I think those people needing rescue have in common is that they really didn't want to be in deep mud, or even get dirty. Most of us are aware of how much more buoyant our torsos are than our limbs, and we use that knowledge to our advantage (and, it has to be said, to our enjoyment). I would guess that the "stuckees" want to avoid getting any dirtier than they are, and so try as hard as they can to avoid using anything but their hands and feet. That, and their belief that there is no way anyone could extract themselves from waist-deep mud... :roll:

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 am

If you get into that kind of sand that cements around you, then you can get stuck. I had some experience with that on my first sinking. My mud partner and I basked too long in that kind of sand and it locked around our limbs. We dug each other out, and it didn't feel dangerous, but it was annoying and it did take some time and I could see where somebody could get into real trouble if they got deeper than we did and if the sand was even more lock-prone.

In mud that just stays the same and never cements, though? Like peat and good silky clay?

I just climb out. That's it. Not one of my sinking sites have the cementing stuff.

It could be true, though, that we who spend a lot of time seeking out mud deep enough to play the role of quicksand get pretty good at negotiating the mudpits.

Normal people who don't like mud and quicksand would be all freaked out by an experience with a mudpit like the one I experienced. They would say, "Yikes! I'm so glad I escaped! There is nothing you could ever say that would make me set foot anywhere near that horrible death trap again!"

But what did we do?

We cleaned up, we went out for lunch, I found a mud dress...and we were back out there...and by the end of the day, I had figured out how to get back into that mudpit and move around in it without getting stuck.

Normal people just don't DO that.

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 am

dlodoski wrote:
Tight beach shoes are best for sinking in natural areas. They protect the feet but do not allow for much more suction than bare feet would incur.

Yes, those are perfect. For a good sinking, I'm never without them.

Nessie

Return to “General Discussion”