Professionally written reviews for qs scenes?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
wysvp
Producer

Re: Professionally written reviews for qs scenes?

Postby wysvp » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 pm

I, personally, have no problems with reviews. I used to write professional reviews myself early on in my career (not as a producer; my other, real career).

I also encourage feedback, constructive criticism (as Fred stated, the reply "This video sucks..." does not help; rather, "this video is really bad for the following reasons..." is much more helpful), suggestions, etc. For instance, early on in my producer-days I was not very good at editing - I knew it and others echoed it. I've gotten a bit better since then because folks have contacted me or posted here - plus I've actually taken editing courses (and I know I need a course in sound engineering at some point!!). Same goes for stories/scenarios - I will try most any scenario, but I am not always sure what will work unless I get some replies from folks. I also like feedback on locations - e.g. what did folks think of the mud, the quicksand, the background, the environment as a whole. Feedback on the actresses (and soon to be actors!) is important. Granted, sales are a good indication of what folks think, but many of the models and actresses I work with are looking for constructive criticism and feedback on their performance - they want to do a good job.

It is clear that interests are quiet broad, and also quite specific, in this forum. For instance, I know that some folks have really enjoyed the "quicksand vat" scenes I tried out this year - others hate them. Some have liked the clay quicksand in NY - others prefer the thick mud of the tidal flats, etc., etc. And then there are times when I think a scene is sub-par - for instance, the video I released, "Rosie, I'm Coming...", almost did not get released because I was disappointed in it - yet, it has turned out to be one of my best sellers of all time. And I learned why because folks provided opinions, feedback, etc.

So, please continue to communicate and discuss - it will certainly help improve my work as a producer, and as a general member of the forum.

Mike
Damsels in Distress Visual Productions
Mike
Damsels in Distress Visual Productions
http://www.didvp.com
photo@didvp.com

Return to “General Discussion”