The times they are a-changin'

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
jagfiles

Re: The times they are a-changin'

Postby jagfiles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 am

Glad I could be of help. Also I came across this...

http://web.archive.org/web/199812020148 ... /INDEX.HTM

Hope this helps as well.

prince_vegeta

Postby prince_vegeta » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Sometimes I have that feeling about the community as well. As much as I like to share my part of quicksand art for this forum, I am currently working on a project I want to finish; a serious fanfiction story along with some drawings for it. I have recently did a quicksand drawing that I would love to redraw but that would have to wait.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam savage of Mythbusters

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 am

I get the feeling sometimes that we've hit sort of a "plateau" in that we've seen all there is to be seen. Please understand I'm in NO way shape or form blaming the community members who contribute for this, it's just that there's only so many different ways you can entertain with one subject. It's sort of like how when people first started going into space everybody stopped in their tracks and stared at the TV every time a rocket went up. Nowadays it's like "Oh look the guys on the ISS are doing a space walk that's pretty cool". We still appreciate it for what it is but we're, like, used to it.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

rickyj

Postby rickyj » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:14 am

I would agree. It's like a marrage. Great at first when you first begin it, but then after awhile, it's just "another day." Still interesting, but nothing like the beginning. There is no option in the fetish world to "find another wife." All you can do is a second honeymoon, or third, whatever, where you do some radically new things.

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 am

With new fans coming about I think they'll always be an interest not to mention new models wanting to try their hand at being filmed (not to say everyone hasn't done a excellent job)

whizbang18

Postby whizbang18 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:27 am

I've been feeling the same way. It's not that the QS part of me is dying by any means but having turned 30, and yet undergoing a major existential mental crisis, and other unusual fetishes taking front center stage, not to mention heavy Xbox 360 gaming, it took me on a journey far away from this forum and QS as a whole. Now returning, I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know I'm still a QS fanatic. :)

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:17 pm

I haven't been as active of late. Real life tends to get in the way- work, a daughter starting college, etc. Plus a few medical problems- depression and low-T.
I am much better now, and am finally getting the urge to write again.
Have had a ton of fun with the quicksand community, and have made some good friends. I keep in touch with some of you folks on Facebook, so we've actually gone beyond just a QS fetish relationship. I kind of miss late nights on Sinking Island with certain special people, chatting and roleplaying (and yes, having cyber.) But nothing lasts forever. Going to try to hang around here more instead of just arguing politics on Facebook and playing SimCity 4.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:25 pm

I've been through more transitions, breakdowns, break ups, changes in attitude, changes in latitude, than most people in regard to this fetish and it's cyber presence. Stuff that has made my life swing in all kinds of different directions that I've had to keep quiet in reality. Only now after 18 years of being aware and 15 years of active involvement do I feel as though I've settled into a supportable groove that I can stay with for the future. If you think your interest is on the decline it's probably just in a trough between waves. Don't drop anchor too soon.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:19 pm

nachtjaeger wrote:I haven't been as active of late. Real life tends to get in the way- work, a daughter starting college, etc. Plus a few medical problems- depression and low-T.
I am much better now, and am finally getting the urge to write again.
Have had a ton of fun with the quicksand community, and have made some good friends. I keep in touch with some of you folks on Facebook, so we've actually gone beyond just a QS fetish relationship. I kind of miss late nights on Sinking Island with certain special people, chatting and roleplaying (and yes, having cyber.) But nothing lasts forever. Going to try to hang around here more instead of just arguing politics on Facebook and playing SimCity 4.

Just to respond to the comment about missing sinking island, this forum still has a chat room that can be used.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

sinker562

Postby sinker562 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Just a note to those who decry the demise of the sinking genre. Remember that a community, internet or otherwise, is only as interesting and productive as its members. If you want new content, post pictures of your adventures. Write stories. Submit artwork. If you can't do any of these, at least be supportive of those who do. If you feel that DS or QSF needs to be revitalized, get active.

Return to “General Discussion”