I am Charlie

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
bfc796

Re: I am Charlie

Postby bfc796 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:22 am

IMO, Christians are the most persecuted religious group on the planet right now.

The arrest of a devoutly Christian 90-year-old man last year for committing the 'crime' of feeding the homeless (the police action was shamelessly defended by the local mayor on camera 'becuz it's the law' - nevermind the law being a complete ass in this instance) is consistent with the general lack of respect afforded to Christians, who almost always seem to be thoroughly good people. Islam does seem to get special treatment, for reasons I'm unable to fathom. With it's 'Sharia Law' it is by far the most prescriptive, repressive and culturally backward of the major religions - it appears more suited to medieval times and should be consigned to the dustbin of history without undue delay, ideally. Which brings me to the most mystifying thing of all - what is the appeal of Islam anyway? Is the Koran laced with post-hypnotic suggestions or something? Strange.

A well regulated militia is the ultimate guarantor that such madness could never be externally imposed against the wishes of a country's people - if you criminalize gun ownership, only criminals will have guns. I would not put a sign in my front yard declaring 'this is a gun free zone', because you might just as well announce 'this house is undefended - please feel free to rob it without fear of being harmed'. The people of Australia were persuaded to hand in their guns, and now rampant Authoritarianism is in the ascendency there. Big mistake.
"Gentlemen... Be Excellent to each other" ~ Rufus / George Carlin

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:14 am

Submitted without comment.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Vf2r7-xTI
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

bfc796

Postby bfc796 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Just throwing this (hand grenade) out there... I don't claim to know what happened, but I am leery of the MSM-peddled Official Story narrative sponsored by the Ruling Elite (TPTB or whatever you want to call them).

-----------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/ar ... stine.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/20 ... 82498.html

------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bfc796

Postby bfc796 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Cuthbert

Postby Cuthbert » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:14 am

A truly tragic situation. Hopefully the normal folks will be able to deal with the,few savages. Just a sobering reminder that religion can be dangerous.

Cuthbert

Postby Cuthbert » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:23 am

Was confronted with this issue at an eatery today. And received some nasty looks. After reading through some responses here,I might make some more here angry but here it goes..... the fact is this is a war against HATRED not ISLAM. It's too easy to label a whole religion violent,if one doesn't look at some of the regressive views of the ACCEPTED religion of the local area. Every book considered sacred is full of a few scripts of vile BS. Why? Because humans are imperfect and they wrote the Damn things. We should try to remember our anger and force need to be directed at the CONCEPTUAL VIEWS of our enemy,not the people as a whole!

James diGriz

Postby James diGriz » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:00 am

When some shrub nibbling nuthead put a crucifix in a jar of urine in the name of art, I did not see the Presbyterians hacking people to pieces.

When people burn Bibles in the name of free speech, I do not see the the Catholics beheading children.

When I hear someone call Buddha a fatso(or any insult) I do not see the uprising and slaughter at such insults.

Most of the news outlets had posted the Charlie Hebdo images insulting the pope, the jews and other religions, but will anyone post the images that got these people murdered?

People gleefully and vehemently attacking christians for being against gay marriage(I support it, my step brother is a happily married man, and his husband is a great guy). What religion BEHEADS people for being gay? What religion stones women to death for wearing improper clothing, being the VICTIMS of rape, and driving? When I hear of Jehovah's Witnesses doing this, then I will relax on the pedo prophet Mohammed(piss be upon him). I read that book. He married a 6-year-old who was sold to him. He consummated that marriage when she was 9. Oh, I keep hearing about people being "Islamophobic" as racist. Islam is a religion, not a race.

Oh, and if you want to think I am a religious man.. I am not religious.

I apologize for this rant. I needed it for a moment. Please delete if you want, but I am only posting as my thoughts of the situation. I didn't start it, but I will place my hat in the ring for this one.
How unfortunate you didn't have a proper guide to navigate these swamps.

bfc796

Postby bfc796 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:29 am

About the Pope... (Sinead O'Connor said it best in 1992)

This is our world, apparently:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pines.html

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:38 am

bfc796 wrote:About the Pope... (Sinead O'Connor said it best in 1992)

This is our world, apparently:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pines.html

Apparently being the key word here.

What a crock of shit. It just goes to show that if you wrap a blatant lie in enough truth, everyone will believe it.

They recently rounded up 50 kids in Balibago, Angeles City. The Pope never went anywhere near the place.

The only reason they would lock a kid to a pillar in the Philippines is because not only is he a thief or drug runner, he was likely bullying the other kids in detention. See any other kids around the one handcuffed?

Children are treated better, in general, in the Philippines than many wealthier parts of the world. That's because they don't just stick an X-Box in their hands and/or plug them into the internet and forget about them. They can't afford that stuff, so they end up actually paying attention to their children. The problem is that there are too many of them, and the country is stuck in perpetual poverty because of a corrupt government and a two-class society. These rescues are performed by police, Barangay and Poruk (neighborhood) leaders and volunteers. They are generally humanitarian in nature.

Yes, there are kids in prison in the Philippines. And yes, The Dailymail must turn a profit. These are about the only real truths here.

Go out and see the real world bfc796. It looks nothing like Youtube or just about anything else passing across your Internet of Truth.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

bfc796

Postby bfc796 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:03 pm

My point was simply that this was being done in the name of Religion - that's all. I make no other claims.

Closer to home (and happening now) - Federal Bill Would Make Owning Body Armor a Crime Punishable by 10 Years in Prison...

http://www.reddit.com/r/collapse/commen ... r_a_crime/

Is it Tyranny yet?

“Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems. They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices.” ~ Barrack H. Obama, 06/05/13, Ohio State University

Return to “Off Topic”