Rebels Summer Premier Movie

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Rebels Summer Premier Movie

Postby kham » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:51 am

The Siege of Lothal -- well they didn't drop the ball on it. Vader is Vader and there is much Rebel ass to be kicked in the fall I suspect for the weekly series :twisted: I get the sense Agent Kallus still thinks Vader is Just Some Guy, and will try and play angles like a fool -- which ultimately signs his death warrant. James Earl was awesome as The Voice :twisted: More MORE

Agent Kallus & Darth Vader Scenes Poor Minister; you are so far over your head you wont have a chance to swim.... Vader is what he always was and should be -- cool, calculating, and merciless

Darth Vader vs Kanan and Ezra does owned like a BITCH mean anything ? :twisted: Vader didn't even exert himself, and showed some raw force power besides. And thats the 501st here, a clear cut above expendo-troopers. Should be interesting considering Rex's scorn for stormies. The 501st is still all Jango Fett clones trained up to Vader standard. And the Mando armour sweetums is only alive from plot and writers fiat. Period.

Darth Vader vs Pheonix Squadron Siege of Lothal space battle pt1
Darth Vader vs Pheonix Squadron Siege of Lothal space battle pt2

Meet the One Man Fleet :twisted:
Cuts the A-Wing squad to shreds, and kills the command ship. Yeah. They only escaped because the Impstar captain was a dolt. And I bet down the line, trying to blame the junior officer wont sell -- lying to a Sith Lord? Good luck with that...

And
She KNOWS
But worse
So does Vader

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Re: Rebels Summer Premier Movie

Postby Qsvgitguy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Right on all counts there Kham! :D

I've really enjoyed the series so far. Thinking about getting the first season on Blue Ray. Since I don't have cable, the only place I can watch it is the pirated copies on You Tube and would love to see them on my big screen TV. I love the fact that the series has more of the original trilogy feel to it than from the prequels. (hate the prequels with a passion and so wish I could un-watch them!) That and the fact that its a cartoon show, but they still show people getting killed! :twisted: It would not be Star Wars without storm troopers falling left and right. :lol:

And yes! Vader was awesome. Getting James Earl Jones to do Vader was worth what ever money they had to pay.

The only problem is we have 3 surviving Jedi that were never in the original trilogy and either have to die at some point, or they go into exile. That's always hard to do from a writing standpoint, which is reason number 1 why prequels of any kind are very hard to do right. As a matter of fact, Babylon 5 is the only sci fi anything that ever really did a prequel right. Their "In the Beginning" movie was AMAZING!

When to Best Buy yesterday to try to buy Season 1 of Rebel, and they didn't even have it on their website. And they wonder why they are losing to Amazon. :roll:

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:22 pm

It's interesting that Palpatine immediately thinks about playing his game and using Asoka to draw out other exiles rather than just dispatch Vader to hunt her down and kill her immediately. The obvious reason to keep the season rolling along with her in it :D If the writers can resist the impulse to be morons this could be a good season. They had said they wanted to use Empire as the theme for this season, which means a) darker and b) Much more competent Imperials.

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:00 pm

kham wrote:They had said they wanted to use Empire as the theme for this season, which means a) darker and b) Much more competent Imperials.

Not sure if that's good or bad. I'm one of the few people on the planet who does NOT think Empire was the best of the original trilogy. It's got some good parts here and there, but as a whole, its definitely the weakest of the three. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but its not the classic the first movie is, mainly because of the massive plot holes.

That's just my opinion. Don't listen to me though, I'm the Star Trek fan who hates the Next Generation! :twisted: My friends and I call it The Degeneration! :lol:

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:26 pm

In modern speak, Empire was the point where you the viewer - and The Rebels - got served with the "this shit just got Real" card :twisted:

It could have even worse; if Vader's mission plan had been followed they all might have been in the bag. Or worse, if Vader wasn't in charge, but instead say some Clone-War era veteran who followed pure military procedure and took the shield down, then bombarded the place to molten snow and slag. But its the mark of someone in the production of Rebels, that the writers must have had a minor revolt - the good ones anyways. If you want to be taken halfway serious, then you must be more than just an annoyance. And there must be a serious threat. For good or ill, Darth Vader is the apex of that. What still remains shocking is the number of fanboys who still dont get it. Who think that somehow Asoka is going to BEAT Vader, or make him all squishy nostalgic for his life. Perhaps they fucking slept through Ep III?? :twisted: Vader is a Monster. Obi-wan wasn't just playing word games. Anakin IS dead. There is only Vader. You think Anakin would have just butchered those jedi younglings for giggles and not shed a tear? Aside from the canon, Vader is even MORE powerful now than when he was just a man. Focussed. Controlled. Channeling the Dark Side like crackling Black Lightning. He has mastered what Dooku said he possessed: FURY. If anyone's mind is going to be fucked, it's going to be Asoka's, since Vader knows who she is and all the other little things he could use to twist and torment her. Remember, this is the guy who tortured Solo to a screaming hulk just, because :twisted: He knew Skywalker would sense their pain and anguish, and come running. Delicious.... :twisted:

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:57 am

Well said, and I sure as hell slept through episode three. :?

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 am

:D

Point is, Vader is a BAD Guy and no amount of retconning is going to make him a good guy. A tragic figure who redeems himself through his son and sacrifices himself. But thats the end of the story. Which is one reason I fear the new ones will be epic fails. Never mind what George trying to make-up now, the series was only supposed to be 6

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

The prequels ruined Vader for me. The darkest most terrible villian in the galaxy is actually just a whiny little bitch with mommy issues. Lucas would've done his universe a favor by dying after episode VI. One of the reasons I have so much hope for the VII-IX is that he's not involved in them.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:32 am

Mynock wrote:The prequels ruined Vader for me. The darkest most terrible villian in the galaxy is actually just a whiny little bitch with mommy issues. Lucas would've done his universe a favor by dying after episode VI. One of the reasons I have so much hope for the VII-IX is that he's not involved in them.

Hear Hear!!!! :twisted:

The prequels were horribly written, horribly directed, horribly acted, they were just plain horrible. I don't think the new one will be a classic or a the Star Wars movies to end all Star Wars movies, but I do have a lot more hope for it than I had for the prequels. I'm not crazy about JJ being the director, for I've never been a fan of any of his stuff, but the story is being written by Lawrence Kasdan who wrote the screen play for Empire and Jedi and is considered one of the best writers in Hollywood.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001410/

My expectations for the prequels were pretty low, and they were even worse then I'd feared. What really convinced me Lucas was a moron was an interview I saw when Lucas was being interviewed by Roger "Thumbs Down" Ebert.

Ebert was amazed that all Lucas wanted to talk about was the special effects. Lucas said he had so much fun writing the Phantom Menace because for the first time, EVER, he didn't have to worry about what could and could not be done special effects wise. Any idea he had, the special effects guys could do, no matter if it was a good idea or not. It's counter intuitive but that's bad for writing, especially for a movie. Limitation like special effects technology forces a writer to be creative to get around the problems. It's never exactly way you like it, but that's the way things go with literature.

Just my 3 cents. ;)

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:56 am

He contradicted himself. That more money in the moron bank for him

If a movie is just effects and no story, then you are sunk
There's nothing you can fix there

Return to “Off Topic”