U.S.S. Discovery Reveal

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

U.S.S. Discovery Reveal

Postby Mynock » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:40 pm

What a beast.......looks like the only thing it wants to discover is how many torpedoes it takes to blow you to hell. :twisted:
Secondary hull almost looks Klingon, armored engine nacelles with huge thick pylons, massive hanger bay in the rear......fighter craft?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

mudmaiden

Re: U.S.S. Discovery Reveal

Postby mudmaiden » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Many possibilities here! It does look Klingon in design, a shared technology with the Federation-Klingon alliance. And now with a possible Romulan relationship starting to brew ( Star Trek Nemesis), maybe it's equipped with a cloaking device! Perhaps there is a new foe to deal with that requires combined Klingon-Romulan forces, or a possible dealing with the Borg. Cardassians starting up again? The foes that Janeway had to face from the Delta quadrant are emerging?, or something else! Who knows. I'm really glad CBS Network is willing to take up from where the Next Generation-Deep Space Nine-Voyager left off. We'll find out; Until then - "Jo-Lan- Tru", "KaPlaa", and "Live Long And Prosper!" :D
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:27 am

Looks like they crossed a D6 with an Ares. If I was a suspicious sort, I'd think all sorts of unkind things about CBS/Paramount....

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:42 pm

It's obviously a rough draft but tbh.......I like it. Starfleet design has always looked too graceful and cruise-shippy for my taste.
--Sun Tzu

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:47 am

Comes from having too many sci fi types designing things based on 'Cool' instead of 'practical' NBSG is the only one I can think of right away where the ship was fought and run from the CIC -- like an actual warship. Having the bridge exposed is not too swift. Even for an ISD, which unless run by incompetent morons and having near-impervious shielding which fails because of plot.... should have had a CIC deep inside the armoured hull

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:59 am

^^Right?!?!? The exposed bridge thing has always drove me nuts. You're in space morons.....it's not like you can look out the window to steer anyway. :lol:
--Sun Tzu

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:35 am

Anything larger than a starfighter, or a small ship, cockpit is not a term you should be hearing about. Unless in relation to ship's boat, or shuttles. Its the kewl idiocy, combined with people utterly lacking knowledge on how actual warships are run. Anyone with a smattering of interest in modern naval warfare knows, that from the time you sound action stations, the captain is in CIC to run the fight. Not drive the boat. That what expendable minions are for. Yeah, I get trek always did it for drama, but doing it right can be good too. Offer up NBSG as example of how professionals run the show. Good example of that alone, is one ep is late S1, where our hotshot pilot Thrace, is sidelined by injury and is going nuts. Quietly gets told how the REAL WORLD works by the Boss. And when they succeed, all the kids are cheering and celebrating. What do Adama and Tigh do? Quietly shake each others hands like the badasses they are :twisted:

Return to “Off Topic”