Duelling Officers Set Fire To Mess

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Duelling Officers Set Fire To Mess

Postby kham » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:51 am

Not from the Duffel Blog
Or the Onion....

Apparently, a pair of officers in the Royal Army had a bit of a disagreement, and decided to settle the matter old school. So they each got a flare gun, and a kayak... went out to the pool and proceeded to exchange fire. They missed. They did, however, set the Mess on fire
:lol:

Article is here complete with photographs. I love the touch of the tray shot, with the brandy glass... :D

I feel sorry for the RSM...

MadMax359

Re: Duelling Officers Set Fire To Mess

Postby MadMax359 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:52 pm

this could be an idea for the Game of Thrones final showdown... Danny and the Winter King in kayaks at 50 yards... :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:27 pm

We play a version of this on the 4th......40 gram bottle rockets + exhaust pipe = bazooka. :twisted:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:42 pm

They don't strike me as the brightest of gents... ;)

Years ago, I read of a British tank driver who drove home for tea to show his Mom he can drive a tank. Rolled right out of formation, and made his way down side streets and all that to make it home. Needless to say, his military career was cut rather short...

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:36 am

Booze + explosives x guys proficient with them = A BAD DAY
:D

Y'know I remember running something like this in an RPG session once (starfighter pilots, landspeeder ended up sunk in pool...) but reality colliding with knucklehead stuff too often now :lol:

Plus, you know, there just GOTTA be video on this :D

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Hey, I've been under fire from that weapon- literally! Never bring a rocket launcher to a snowball fight- or something like that. . .

Anyway, it was the winter of '86-'87. Our rival school had attacked us in the opening salvos of the annual snowball fight (which would be described as a riot in this century.) We were outnumbered at least 4 to 1. The enemy had used surprise to advance across the bridge over the Canacadea Creek, but we were holding the Ceramics Building and the Old Gym, and the high ground beyond. After being injured when my original command was wiped out during a daring attempt to turn the enemy's left flank, I was commanding a a firebase on a balcony on the Ceramics building. We were raining down frozen balls of whoop-ass on the enemy, and I had rear echelon forces keeping the throwers supplied with snow from the courtyard by trash can. The rival school responded with counterbattery fire from their 8 mm rocket artillery. :shock:
Lacking the range to target their artillery, we were forced to abandon that commanding position. We quickly established a new position on the roof; however, by that time our lines had broken and enemy troops were entering the building. :evil:

Mynock wrote:We play a version of this on the 4th......40 gram bottle rockets + exhaust pipe = bazooka. :twisted:
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:41 pm

To quote Von Paulus (or was it Bugs Bunny?): "It's the Officers' Mess- let them clean it up!" :lol:

kham wrote:Not from the Duffel Blog
Or the Onion....

Apparently, a pair of officers in the Royal Army had a bit of a disagreement, and decided to settle the matter old school. So they each got a flare gun, and a kayak... went out to the pool and proceeded to exchange fire. They missed. They did, however, set the Mess on fire
:lol:

Article is here complete with photographs. I love the touch of the tray shot, with the brandy glass... :D

I feel sorry for the RSM...
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”