How to make a tinfoil hat (Conspiracy theories)

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
bfc796

Re: How to make a tinfoil hat (Conspiracy theories)

Postby bfc796 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:50 am

Duncan, I very much appreciate the reasonableness of the sentiments you expressed there. I made a conscious decision to deliberately try to maintain a civilized tone whilst participating in this discussion, knowing what a controversial and emotive subject area it is, and I'm sorry I allowed myself to become exasperated towards the end of it. I suspect you are one of only a handful of people who actually took the time to read my TL;DR-inducing posts in this thread.

When a debate descends into churlish name-calling ('YOU SUCK!', 'NO, YOU SUCK!'), you can be fairly sure that no-one came away from it having learned anything of value, and with all parties only further entrenched in their respective positions than they were before. I think it was Yogi Berra who is supposed to have once said: "Hey, can't we all just get along?" Amen to that.

By the way, I am a 33-year-old secular humanist with spiritual sensibilities, if that is relevant or of interest.

As for waiting another 20 years for the truth about all this to finally come out in the open (i.e, become widespread public knowledge) - you might not actually have to wait much more than a few years from now... The explanation for that unlikely prediction is - and I continue to doubt this myself - that there is supposed to be an esoteric paranormal phenomenon taking place here on Earth at this time; a kind of subtle-yet-persistent force which is energetically "teasing open the encrustations of the mind" - the so-called 'Truth Vibrations'.

Next time you are in your kitchen, take a tea plate and spin it on an empty worktop counter, then watch it gradually come to rest (convex, face down). Notice the progressively rapid acceleration that takes place towards the end; a 'quickening', if you like. This is what is allegedly happening in respect of the aforementioned phenomenon (we are living through the exponentially accelerating phase, the quickening), and that could explain all the crazy shit that has been taking place during the last 14 years (remember how different the zeitgeist of the world felt before 2001?). The cultural spirit of the times has grown very dark, without a doubt - just go back and watch some music videos from the 1980s to witness the sharp contrast.

I don't claim to know exactly why this is happening, but I'm pretty sure that it is happening after surveying the world at large very closely for the last five years. I continue to reserve judgement (i.e, my jury is still out on this) regarding why this is happening, though; but there are hypotheses - perhaps the most interesting (and outrageous) one proposed is that it is ultimately being engineered by supernatural non-human forces with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo, in order to counteract the introduction of higher level consciousness. If that's true, then we may be in for an increasingly bumpy ride from here on out.

Ben / That Guy / bfc796
"Gentlemen... Be Excellent to each other" ~ Rufus / George Carlin

Return to “Off Topic”