And Another One

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

And Another One

Postby kham » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Crash: Germanwings A320 near Barcelonnette on Mar 24th 2015, lost height and impacted terrain

Broad daylight this one

And took 4 posts in for the 'keep calm and dont blame Airbus' stuff to start. In a criminal investigation, witness or bystander, that's called a guilty fucking conscience. I dont give a fuck about le Gloire of the Cinqueieme' Republique! if there's a basic design flaw in the pitot-static system and the software running the thing and how it works, then fix it, NOW and if that means decertifying every fucking Airbus in existence NOW, then goddamned DO IT. Airplanes shouldnt just fall out of the sky for no reason. Find the FDRs and this time, bloody fix it

Holy Jesus, some fucking idiot even postulated climate change...... look, you unnamed fucking retard: if that was even remotely true, kindly explain why it's only AIrbusses dropping like dead flies and not any other manufacturers???

:roll:

kham
Always Remembered

Re: And Another One

Postby kham » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:02 pm

http://www.flightradar24.com has a lot of data on the aircraft, and their twitter account has more as well. Tracking on their site was lost at around 6800 feet. The high rate of descent could be an emergency descent for loss of pressure, but the level off at 6800 is *below the height of terrain ahead. See the Twitter feed for more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:24 am

Pilot locked out of cockpit prior to crash......audio of him yelling and trying to kick the door down. I really hope this was a tragic accident and not what I'm thinking.....
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:37 am

Mynock wrote:Pilot locked out of cockpit prior to crash......audio of him yelling and trying to kick the door down. I really hope this was a tragic accident and not what I'm thinking.....

The next, obvious question was asked immediately; the mere fact that they arent responding is telling me you aint thinking far off. Motherfuck

YerK

Postby YerK » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:08 am

Pretty much any plane that crashes does so by losing height and impacting terrain. ;-)

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:35 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:54 am

bart1997 wrote:So really no one, NO ONE can open it when it is locked???

The whole point of the door is so someone can't force their way into the cockpit (9/11). In the event of an attempted hijacking could take an hour to get back on the ground, so figure that door has to be able to take a shitload of abuse without giving out.
You'd think the pilots would have a key though......bet that's going to change now.
--<edit>--
Just heard on the radio........"deliberate attempt to destroy the aircraft." Fucker locked the door, put it into a dive and sat there while it flew into a mountain. Oh but don't worry it's TOTALLY not terrorism. :evil:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:23 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:16 pm

I might even buy that, except if you want to kill yourself, there's plenty of ways. Killing 149 other people in cold blood is something else.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:19 pm

The old way WAS to have one of the flight crew to have a key to get back in as needed. They changed that after 2001 since there was the possibility of them being overpowered or coerced. The code to get back in was used; that works UNLESS the person in the cockpit RESETS the lock every time you try to get in. Having a suicidal or murderous cocksucker as part of the flight crew is something that is beyond the pale.

Return to “Off Topic”